Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My new Takahashi Sky90

Brian Nordstrom

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love for that to be the case , but NO !! SWMBO will not! allow that , but a nice TOA152mm APO ????

Brian.

Ah, big refractors. The stuff of dreams. I must say, though, that the much less expensive TECs are awfully good. I didn't know them at all till two guests started bringing them along and at this point I started lurking in the used scopes adverts... I'm not too afraid of SWDKHMTC.*

Olly

* She Who Doesn't Know How Much They Cost.

Micheal , Brrrr we dont get the white down here , but I feel for you mate .

Umm , Emad moussa , Takahashi make the best hand made telescopes and mounts in the world .

I know this . I have and use a few .

And Keith , yes the thought is always there , there is an EM200 for sale here in Australia on IIS at the moment for only 4.5kaud , nice price . :grin: .

Takahashi are hand made and you see that when you use them , lovely engineering .

Oh yea my new Coranado Ha scope turned up today .

Dont ask how I got this beauty ...... :police:

I will start a new thread here .

Brian

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Paulastro , yes Taks are just so good , I have looked thru AP's , TV's and a lovely APM over the years , but the one thing that sticks is that all Taks have is the sustained optical quality , time after time ,,,I have a friend with a TSA 120 and its his last scope , just so good , Its beautiful but your TSA 102 is not far behind in image brightness , same awesome quality optically and mechanically . My advice to you is keep the 102 and save up for a Mewlon either , 180 or a 210 like mine . My Mewlon 210 eats the TSA 120 in every way ( well colluminated of course ) and is nearly 1/2 the price and as easy to mount , just a thought . By the way here are a few of us down here in OZ looking at the new FC100D , I am looking forward to looking thru one of these , at only $2100 aud , a dream price for a 4 inch Takahashi I think .Brian.

post-18525-0-00229700-1377843319_thumb.j

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh well , seeing as the sun never tickled anyones fancy , hows this ? then .

A star party a couple of weeks ago here in Perth Australia , my SKY90 is in the for ground .

This shot was early , a Meade LB 16 incher and C8 arrived after this photo was taken , great night .

My Tak SKY90 in good company . Great people and awesome scopes , clear semi dark urban skies what more can one ask for ?

You can even see venus rising above the short trees in the first photo , cool

Brian.

post-18525-0-83530500-1385118502_thumb.j

post-18525-0-32628300-1385118684_thumb.j

post-18525-0-95989700-1385118733_thumb.j

Archived