Hi Everyone from Northants

Saintlvr

Hi there

Well, i guess you've probably had many new members since tonights activity a few hours ago, & im no exception to that!

I have a genuine interest in all things astrological .... I dont own any equipment anymore, (used to have an amateur telescope, but dint have a clue what I was doing!!) but i do love to just stare up & see whats happening ... but typically .. i missed tonights sightings!!!! DOH!!

Anyway ... Im Kathy & I live in Northants .... I have a love of big dogs (St Bernards) & im owned by quite a few!!

Hope to catch up on many posts & sightings & to fine out exactly what was that tonight!!

Kathyy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kathy, and welcome to SGL from another fairly new member. Sorry, don't know what happened a few hours ago but if it was astrological I'm afraid I'm not up to speed, anyway I'm usually the last to know what's going on :eek:

(I'd be grateful if you could let me know what I've missed :smiley: )

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason

thanks for the 'Hello'

Well around 10pm tonight there was activity of a meteor/fireball entering our atmosphere & by the footage of videos & photos we missed a spectacular sight!! BOOOO!!!

Anyhow, Randomgary12 captured this on Video... a full & clear 50 seconds ... What a sight we missed!!!

Hello there and welcome to Stargazers :)

Just wondering where about in Northamptonshire you are because I usually walk my dog with a guy who has quite a couple St Bernards, could be a small world hehe.

Hi

Im in Daventry ... A fair way from Desborough, but you dont get many Saints about, so i may know him :-) ??

Hi and welcome to the forum. You certainly don't need any equipment to learn the night sky but at some point at least a pair of binoculars will help you take a closer and then you will be hooked! :grin: On the point of learning the night sky, you might like to consider downloading a free bit of planetarium software called "Stellarium" which you can view here. It's very easy to use and can be configured to your precise viewing location so that you can obtain an ideticle sky to that which you can see. Amongst its many features, the advanced date/time feature is really useful so that you can check to see what is coming up and when and is particularly useful if part of your sky is obscured in some way and Jupiter isn't going to appear from your viewing position until 3:00 am! Hope that helps you get started.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum.

James (......typical Capricorn! :grin: )

Archived