Lighting Halved

Freff

Good news today. The lights on my estate and throughout Newport will be halved, with every other lamp going off between 10pm - 6am.

The man adjusted the lamp outside my house today as one of the timed lamps. Yippee. :icon_biggrin:

We recently has new lamps installed and although they are White LED the light is directed far better, I have a massive improvement in my skies.

ours in the village have also been changed to leds but not inside the estate but what a massive difference it makes i can see the milky way and the double cluster from my back yard now :) looking forward now to the long cold nights

That is such good news-I'm sure you will benefit from the darker skies Freff, maybe update us on the forum? Our county council (Notts) has decided to rethink its 4 year roll out programme of turning off/dimming street lighting following an unfortunate incident earlier in the year attributed to lack of street lighting and complaints from residents in one ward causing a U-turn in the council. I have contacted the BBC asking if the 2013 Stargazing Live can promote these street lighting initiatives to help get our message across. Anyhow, it's good news for folks in Newport.

Cheers,

Steve

Archived