Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_supernovae_remnants_winners.thumb.jpg.a13d54fa405efa94ed30e7abd590ee55.jpg

sallystar

Business as usual!

Finally finished With the Olympics. Check

Son back at uni. Check

Telescope ready and in position. Check

Complete cloud cover. Check

It business as usual here!

Why is it that on the nights when I can't use my telescope the skies are crystal clear and the nights when I'm raring to go the clouds roll in?

I was thinking the same last night and was having a conversation with the wife about moving house (i didn't explain fully why) somewhere down south because you have it a lot clearer down there .... maybe not , think I'll stay put. bet its clear up here Friday night cos I'm out.

If I were moving south for clearer weather, I think I'd probably go for France or Spain :)

James

You got a boy in Uni.....can't believe that. :wink:

To add to the checklist:

Sky clear when stepping outside? Check

Roof of obsy open? Check

Clouds in place as soon as scope is unparked? Check

off work clouds - check

in work on early's cloud - check

in work on nights clear- DAMN YOU ASTRO GODS!!!!!!!

Ditto, I work days and night shifts when at home cloudy, when at work clear. So I have combated this by bringing my bins to work ha ha. A small victory I know, but it all counts.

• Like 1

its not even worth taking mine to work, jaguar landover factory is lit up like las vagas

At the risk of sounding like Victor Meldrew I don't believe it! I have got a night free and have the chance of a lay in tomorrow and what happens? It rains! Aaaaarrrhhh!

At the risk of sounding like Victor Meldrew I don't believe it! I have got a night free and have the chance of a lay in tomorrow and what happens? It rains! Aaaaarrrhhh!

From what i saw on the BBC a couple of days ago, tonight is meant to be crystal clear over pretty much of the whole of the UK and Ireland tonight from about 10pm. The exception is a few places in the north around the Scottish borders.

I just looked out my window and it is about 99% clear.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

I think I need to move to Dublin as its very cloudy here and the sky has turned orange!

I think I need to move to Dublin as its very cloudy here and the sky has turned orange!

Clear as a bell here right now. It has been all day. I think when i put my niece to bed (i mean when she tells me she is going to bed) that i might just have a wander around the universe.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

From what i saw on the BBC a couple of days ago, tonight is meant to be crystal clear over pretty much of the whole of the UK and Ireland tonight from about 10pm. The exception is a few places in the north around the Scottish borders.

I was surprised by this as the forecast was for cloud until the small hours. So I went out to have a look and not only was it warm enough to be comfortable in a t-shirt, it was clear. At least for thirty seconds, anyhow, before a huge bank of cloud rolled in and blotted out the stars :(

I shall have another look later.

James

Wall to wall cloud here.

Must be clear for lots of the country judging by.how many have seen a fireball!

Good stuff and hope it stays clear for you.

TheThing