SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC 6960 Witch's Broom

Gina

Don't know how this one sneaked pass me, as every one has already said very nice shot Gina.

What ever you done to get it keep doing it, I am looking forward to seeing your mosaic of that area.

Thank you :)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to be getting some of the problems with this Win 7 machine that I used to have with XP :( For many years I've been used to Linux reliability and having gone back to Windows I seem to be back to the problems :( I really thought MS had cracked it with Win 7 - very good in so many ways and having taken on many of the good things about Linux and Unix...

Disappointed of Devon

It's clear ATM and I've set up to take the RH top section of the mosaic. At the same time I'm taking Ha widefield with the 200mm lens stopped down to f5.6. The moon is very bright and the background is rather light. Had to cut down to 45s at ISO 1600 on the scope with full bandwidth colour. The Ha is better and I'm taking 3m subs at ISO 1600. Would have been nice to have afforded a narrower band filter than the 12nm.

Wow!!.....

I've been away for 3 months and you've gone through a quantum leap with your imaging Gina......great stuff :smiley:

For me, the first image is much more natural looking, although it might benefit from a little more contrast...only a shade though!

Cheers

Rob

I think what this needs is more data (when the moon is out of the way). I also want to build up a better mosaic. Maybe conditions will be better in a week or two - who knows - clear nights seem to be few and far between. Meanwhile, I'm steadily working on the equipment - adding dew heaters ATM, as dew has been very bad on the odd reasonably clear night lately.

Archived