sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_4.gif.6a323659519d12fc7cafc409440c9dbf.gif

SGL 8 - General Questions?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That wasn't actually a hog. It was a motorist who drove into the camp one night with his headlights full on. Rather tasty though

My top tip for SGL8 camping comfort is to stop drinking beer at least 2 hours before you plan to turn in for the night. Waking up in Arctic conditions at 5am with a full bladder and the prospect of h

As others have already linked to the SGL7 threads with images, you can see how the site is laid out. SGL8 will be my 3rd SGL party and looking forward to meeting up with fellow members old and new.

Posted Images

I really should stay home and head for the end of Gower....It's my best bet for the Comet Image before the Party so I will probably stick to my original plan of arriving for Breakfast on Thursday morning...

what an awesome place to go and see the comet from. I really miss living down that way but have slept a few nights under the stars down there. Amazing!

NOTE. The Lucksall cafe will be opening FROM Friday morning for breakfasts and through the weekend

Not before that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame Apple for the typos and me for the content

Thanks for the heads up. That could have been me in trouble.

NOTE. The Lucksall cafe will be opening FROM Friday morning for breakfasts and through the weekend

Not before that

Sorry if this is a wackatron question - is that just for breakfasts, or do you mean not open at all until Friday? May need to revise dinner plans for Thursday otherwise!

Sorry if this is a wackatron question - is that just for breakfasts, or do you mean not open at all until Friday? May need to revise dinner plans for Thursday otherwise!

it is not open at all until Friday morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame Apple for the typos and me for the content

Will we get any clear night sky to see anything this year? Forecast looks pants. Hows the early arrivals doing?
reasonably clear tonight but windy

If anyone coming to SGL8 has a Baader Hyperion 8-24mm zoom I wonder if I could try it to see if they will work with my Binoviewers. I have the Mark 2 version but happy to try the Mark 3 in the hope that they might be similar.

Mark

If anyone coming to SGL8 has a Baader Hyperion 8-24mm zoom I wonder if I could try it to see if they will work with my Binoviewers. I have the Mark 2 version but happy to try the Mark 3 in the hope that they might be similar.

Mark

I will have a mk3 wiith me i will put the adaptors in now as it set up for 2"

Peter...

Is the shop not open til Friday either? Was planning on cooking until Friday, but wanted to buy stuff from there rather than the supermarket...

Shop is definitely open.