Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL 8 - General Questions?

daz

Hi all,

is there a layout map of the rally field anywhere?? info webpage says we can 'request' specific pitch's, but I cant find any kind of layout to give me an idea of what peg numbers are situated where. Unless its the field to the left hand side of the site map, but cant see anything to indicate that this is the Rally field.

Cheers

Rick

http://www.lucksallp...k/siteplan.html SGL8 takes over all of the left hand side, kingfisher, buzzard and hare including some of the hard standing pitches

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok thanks wasent sure if you had email them or it would just come up on site thanks for reply

Is the banner not visible for you Sam? There should be a banner at the top of the page with the date and time that bookings will open?

Is the banner not visible for you Sam? There should be a banner at the top of the page with the date and time that bookings will open?

Are you talking about the banner on SGL? or should there be one on FLO by now?

Banner on here been up for a while now, but I'm not seeing anything on the FLO site just yet.

I presume, come the time (3 hours and counting), the booking form will appear on the 'SGL shop' Tab on the FLO site, yes??

Rick

Are you talking about the banner on SGL? or should there be one on FLO by now?

Banner on here been up for a while now, but I'm not seeing anything on the FLO site just yet.

I presume, come the time (3 hours and counting), the booking form will appear on the 'SGL shop' Tab on the FLO site, yes??

Rick

Correct on all counts!

just took a look and decided on a 'range' so put that, but to be honest aint bovvered, just wanna be there!!

Thurs to Sat, bringing daughter along, shes 23 tho, so she can do her own thing! LOL, so long as she doesnt disturb us, that is!!

was checking out the site for the very same reasons......if I "trick"someone into driving me and supplys to the site it would be because of fishing .... no one else in my family is interested in astronomy :sad: here is a layout of the site (if I got the right place) and as you can see plenty of fishing points :grin:

Just to throw a spanner in your works - It's closed season between March 15th and June 15th - No fishing permitted

Just to throw a spanner in your works - It's closed season between March 15th and June 15th - No fishing permitted

Yeah, bummer, was hoping to drown a few maggots during the daytime, but hay-ho, just have to spend the days picking peoples brains! :grin:

I'm going to have to buy a new tent heater as the one I have is a quartz electric 'bar' type heater and it emits a lovely warm orange glow when it's on. Also it's only 800 watts max and I don't think that's going to cut it in March :)

I'm going to have to buy a new tent heater as the one I have is a quartz electric 'bar' type heater and it emits a lovely warm orange glow when it's on. Also it's only 800 watts max and I don't think that's going to cut it in March :)

Me too... definitely going to need a tent heater ! If anyone has any recommendations of suitable heaters, it would be much appreciated :)

Ant,

Last year there was a tab in the SGL7 forum for the bring and buy sale. It was pretty useful as it enabled people to see what was going to be available and to be able to contact the seller before arriving. Are you planning on doing the same again this year.

RK

Me too... definitely going to need a tent heater ! If anyone has any recommendations of suitable heaters, it would be much appreciated :)

Some friends of ours use this one in their caravan: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006J4GW3K

It has 1kW and 2kW setting so should be OK for most campsite EHUs - although Lucksall have 16kW hookups, many campsites have a lower power rating - and especially so in continental Europe.

This looks to be the same heater with different branding at Comet, I'm going to have a look with a view to saving on shipping http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Heaters/buy-PROLINE-FH2000-Heater/726079

oh....just seen this ....i think this is the right cable$(KGrHqFHJBkE9r6,rl!(BPgE2R8MFg~~60_35.JPG

Right sort of plug but I prefer the ones that have a 10A trip switch and RCD built in for safety. Correct about voltage, if it's the same as last year the charge includes usage so no separate metering charge. Heaters should be ok so long as the wattage isn't too high oh and I wouldn't use a gas heater in a tent btw (open flame risk and CO poisoning)

I was wondering if there are any plans to screen off the driveway into the rally field?

Last year I had my retinas imprinted with the images of car headlights several times as they drove up the main track through the site which is perfectly aligned with the entrance to the rally field.

It has 1kW and 2kW setting so should be OK for most campsite EHUs - although Lucksall have 16kW hookups, many campsites have a lower power rating - and especially so in continental Europe.

Not quite right it's worked out slightly differently; to confirm the Lucksall sites EHU have 16A hookups not 16kW, so if you want to work out how many 'amps' you are utilising then you need to apply the equation 'amps=watts/volts' .

A 1kW heater @ 240volts will use 4amps and a 2kW heater @ 240 volts will take 8 amps :)

Gah! I've just come back from a fortnight's hol and look what happens!

Are there still non-EHU pitches left?

Also, are there any slightly quieter pitches available, as I need a bit of rest / quiet in the day if I'm going to survive!

Cheers

Not quite right it's worked out slightly differently; to confirm the Lucksall sites EHU have 16A hookups not 16kW, so if you want to work out how many 'amps' you are utilising then you need to apply the equation 'amps=watts/volts' .

A 1kW heater @ 240volts will use 4amps and a 2kW heater @ 240 volts will take 8 amps :)

Yes, thank you for the correction - schoolboy error on my part :)

Gah! I've just come back from a fortnight's hol and look what happens!

Are there still non-EHU pitches left?

Also, are there any slightly quieter pitches available, as I need a bit of rest / quiet in the day if I'm going to survive!

Cheers

Have a look at the Pitch Allocation thread, last time I checked there were quite a few non-electrified pitches left :-)

It way be worth having a dedicated sell a pitch tab for those who find they can't come, save them getting buried in the classified section, last year I was Billy no mates in the non EHU section, at least 5 or 6 empty pitches the whole time I was there, shame they couldn't have been made available for last minute attendees( I am of course assuming they weren't out of order pitches, letting the grass recover and were never available in the first place)

Archived