Narrowband

SGL 8 - General Questions?

daz

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
exactly how will the booking operate??

Will the various pitch options be available as an item on the FLO website and you then select the type of pitch you want and for what day, then go through the usual checkout process??

Cheers

Rick

yes Rick exactly like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame Apple for the typos and me for the content

Worth checking the pin configuration for those using 13amp sockets. 16amp sockets are often not the same so you may have power, but no way of hooking in.

The socket seems standard blue outdoor socket. I have no problem using my hookup which I have used on many other campsite.

On mobile (excuse the strange predictive words...)

The socket seems standard blue outdoor socket. I have no problem using my hookup which I have used on many other campsite.

On mobile (excuse the strange predictive words...)

Indeed.

If you are bringing a 240v charger for your power tanks, you will need an adapter. Also, make sure the adaptor is suitably water tight (IP54 rated) and okay for outdoor use. A standard 240v socket IS NOT okay outside. Condensation is enough to short and electrocute.

The bit that goes outside is waterproof, but the end with the sockets on should be used inside the tent. There's one caveat with the 3-plug strip on amazon, because of the way the holes are set up its not possible to get 3 plugs in at once as the flex on the plug gets in the way of the socket below.

Helen

Hi, I have a couple of questions about the booking form please :)

I'm planning on coming along with three friends plus one child from my astro society, and we're going to need two pitches between us. I've volunteered to sort out the booking for us all - but just want to check that it will be possible to book two pitches at the same time on the same form?

Also, would it be possible to request the pitches side by side - we're likely to be doing our observing on the pitch that won't have the tent the child will be sleeping in it - just thinking about when she wants to go to bed (she's 12), she can do that and still be close to us if we choose to brave the cold for a bit longer !

Thanks

Matsey :)

Nope, that's fine!

Unless you want to run an extension cable outside the tent - in which case you should have a water-proof socket on the end

Thats exactly what I do, except the 4-gang extension reel is safely tucked away in a crocbox below the mount with the lid closed (and a carpet tile on top for good measure). The heat from the 30A psu and netbook is enough to keep the dew out so any EPs, books or paper in there also stay nice & dry :)

Thats exactly what I do, except the 4-gang extension reel is safely tucked away in a crocbox below the mount with the lid closed (and a carpet tile on top for good measure). The heat from the 30A psu and netbook is enough to keep the dew out so any EPs, books or paper in there also stay nice & dry :)

Same here. I have an ex-icecream tub with a small hole cut for cable access.

Hi, I have a couple of questions about the booking form please :)

I'm planning on coming along with three friends plus one child from my astro society, and we're going to need two pitches between us. I've volunteered to sort out the booking for us all - but just want to check that it will be possible to book two pitches at the same time on the same form?

Also, would it be possible to request the pitches side by side - we're likely to be doing our observing on the pitch that won't have the tent the child will be sleeping in it - just thinking about when she wants to go to bed (she's 12), she can do that and still be close to us if we choose to brave the cold for a bit longer !

Thanks

Matsey :)

Yes, you can book two pitches at the same time - on he form you can note your preferred pitch numbers, but its just text, so you can put a note to remind me you want 2 together!

Yes, you can book two pitches at the same time - on he form you can note your preferred pitch numbers, but its just text, so you can put a note to remind me you want 2 together!

That's great, thanks for confirming :) I shall be waiting patiently for booking to open on Sunday, am really looking forward to it :)

Hi all,

is there a layout map of the rally field anywhere?? info webpage says we can 'request' specific pitch's, but I cant find any kind of layout to give me an idea of what peg numbers are situated where. Unless its the field to the left hand side of the site map, but cant see anything to indicate that this is the Rally field.

Cheers

Rick

Archived