SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL 8 - General Banter

daz

Just been on a recce to the local "Go Outdoors" and came out with a new 4/5 season TFG fishing sleeping bag instead of my backpacking mummy one.... loads of room in it and full length zips on both sides to make getting in and outeasier....

Toastie.....

Finished work for a fortnight and heading for the Campsite for Breakfast on Thutsday :)

Peter...

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the outlook not so promising, we should all pin our hopes on the unreliability of weather forecasting!

I might bring have to bring some mulling spices. Mulled Herefordshire cider will make everything better.

I have got one of the value 13.5 tog duvets as well and a load of value pillows... the bags fleece lined and has a bag built into the head end to keep the pillows in place....and the straps to fit it to a bed chair....

My mummy bacg is good down to -15 i used it down to -12 a few times...

Got to do a check on the tent and sort the rest of the rubbish out over the weekend... cooking gear is easy wallet and warm clothes for the walk to the cafe....

Peter...

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Tapatalk HD

Anyone into canoeing, the River Wye is right on site and has a good launch point, I'm thinking of bringing our Canadian canoe but would be great if anyone else has a canoe or kayak .

It's been a long time. I used to do a bit of white water paddling in closed deck kayaks but I haven't got any gear these days. Besides I remember how cold rivers feel when they are largely made of melted snow! :eek:

I might bring have to bring some mulling spices. Mulled Herefordshire cider will make everything better.

Can't fault this idea at all! I'll meet you at your tent with Jaffa cakes and other goodies! Lol! :grin:

I'm figuring single quilt below, double quilt above, sleeping bag and fleecey liner in between :D

Nice, just can't get along with mummy bags, taken to using a 13.5 tog single duvet snuggling around under it.

Hoping we won't get much night sleep time !

Nick.

I'm hoping for a little bit though, o neighbour of mine ;):) (mental note, earplugs)

well, I'm not there unfortunately but hope you all get some luck with the weekend weather and have some crystal skies. either way it will be a great opportunity to meet some people 'for real'. have a great time guys!!

I'm done

I have to work the weekend & Monday so i pulled my scope down yesterday, cleaned and packed it. I'm packed and all the camping gear is ready to go. Just need to pack the car Tuesday morning.

Just hope i get a chance to use my scope now

Yup - just doing the camping gear check and buys any bits that need it today.. tonight will be cleaning the filter wheel filters as I noted they need it. Charging the battery I use for imaging today and tomorrow..

Then it's making the list of what to take and what to leave behind!

Picked up a fan heater this morning (1/2 price in Sainsbury's) and rewired my imaging loom (ST4 cable had died) astro and camping gear is prepped and ready to sling in the car on Wednesday.

Shopping for essentials tomorrow. Beer and Jaffa cakes mainly ;)

Usually what happens with early arrivers is that one of the mods will hand out the packs once they've setup.

Nick although I won't be staying on site I will be arriving every day from next Monday to deal with any queries (until Daz arrives) that members might have. I know that Photosbykev will also be in attendance from Monday so there will be Mods around every day of the star party.

Mark

Archived