SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL 8 - General Banter

daz

After a week of camping i have decided that i am far too lazy for it and have therefore decided to build my own caravan, starting next week i'm off out to but a van which i will start converting. i intend to get to SGL9 with nothing more to do then set my scope up :grin:

Hah, I guess the packing up really finished you off then? I like how you're too lazy to camp, so obviously the lazy option is to ... build your own caravan?!? This I must see :D

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arrived Friday - had to pack up Sat due to tent giving up the ghost during the night & flooding the sleeping quarters. If I'd been alone I'd have toughed it out but was with family so did the responsible thing!

I'm sorry to hear you had water ingress as well. I had to wring out the bottom end my sleeping bag!

Hah, I guess the packing up really finished you off then? I like how you're too lazy to camp, so obviously the lazy option is to ... build your own caravan?!? This I must see :D

LOL funny i've had that all ready

3 Hours of work before a drive home, i was wrecked.

Slow conversion over the year but my research and planning is well under way! The dome may be a bit of a reach though!

Hi Alan,

Interested in your idea of converting a van to a campervan.

I suspect you have considered the implications....

Where I live, the neighbours would object to any van like vehicle parked permanently in the road.

Secondly, I found an interesting article on conversion especially about insurance.

http://www.campervanlife.com/building/legal

If I remember correctly there was a time when vans were purchase tax free, the government charged

a purchase tax on camper vans and converted vans.

Anyway, wish you the best and look forward to seeing the completed project at SGL9

Cheers

Adrian

Hi All

Glad you all enjoyed yourselves - despite the weather!!

I cam home with a chest infection, headaches and shivers - strange, as I don't remember ordering them!!!!

Planning for 9 is already underway - and just as a long heads-up, SGL 10 will be the year after and we will want to do something special for that!!

Hi All

Glad you all enjoyed yourselves - despite the weather!!

I cam home with a chest infection, headaches and shivers - strange, as I don't remember ordering them!!!!

Planning for 9 is already underway - and just as a long heads-up, SGL 10 will be the year after and we will want to do something special for that!!

Daz, thanks for organising the event. I hope you will recover soon.

I will be looking forward to SGL9

Thanks for organising SGL8 and the news about 9 and 10......

As for the ill bit, 3 of the family went down with it on the Thursday/friday and we decided it wasnt the best idea to travel. Hopefully we can get a pitch for SGL9 to make up for it.

Get well soon Daz.

Archived