Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL 8 - General Banter

daz

Cracking night last night for my visit. Thanks to whoever arrange the weather! I've managed to fit in 4 hours sleep since I got home, and don't hold out much hope of getting to lunch time before getting a few others. I hope to come again tonight and meet some more of you. Thanks to Alan, Ray (? - terrible memory) and Psychobilly for making a complete stranger and newbie feel very welcome. Also thanks to the countless other people who stopped by in the pitch black for a chat too. Even though I'm quite local to Lucksall, I saw new areas of the night sky for the first time, without the house getting in the way.

Quick rundown of the new things I saw last night. M103, M1, M78, M101 and M51

Todays mission - should I stay awake for it, to find more Telrad charts for the Caldwell objects and print them out so I can go at something else with the new telrad instead of just M objects.

Take care all,

Tony

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like an excellent night last night - very jealous!! We'll be arriving early afternoon on Friday - am massively excited now!

I have decided not to care what the weather is going to be like over the weekend - if it just ends up being hog roast, cider trail and meeting all you guys that'll be more than good enough for an excellent time for me :) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot make it until Saturday now as the bike has killed it's generator. I am well and truly gutted as I was supposed to be staying from tonight until Sunday but I have managed to bag a lift for the one night from Dellis :hello:

Still £30 odd quid gone on two nights that I can't use because of my ruddy, unreliable CG 125 and £50 to get the stator coils rewound :mad:

Hi folks,

Been to the Moon Inn again, great food, no standing in the rain trying do a meal on a petrol

stove.

I have had a word with the landlord/landlady of the pub, and they are happy to have the rugby

match on the TV for us. (Don't forget the Hog Roast is on at the campsite).

If you ask her nicely, like I did with tons of Irish charm she may even put the password to

the WiFi on your iPad!!

It is currently raining so no red lights at present.

Have a safe trip.

Cheers

Adrian

Just packing the car now, got good news and bad news though:

Bad news is we'll soon be on the way to badger you all

Good news is there is definitely no room for the guitar or even the mandolin. You're ears will at least be safe :D

Should arrive approx midday - see you all soon

Archived