Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

daz

SGL 8 - General Banter

I haven't even started to sort my gear out yet, still need to buy some of it, I think I know where my tent is, maybe.

Fortunately I'm off work as of Monday morning so should have plenty of time to pack.

Blooming good job that it wasn't this weekend, just woken up to another scattering of snow !

Nick.

Edited by cotterless45

Putting the larger tents up in this wind would be "interesting"..... Still can't wait til Thursday...

Sorting out the camping and storage gear today - got a bit more room to play with this year so might as well make use of it.

Peter...

Today is sorting out stuff day... camping gear and astro equipment. The lounge will look like staging post..

I have packed three spc900 webcams with adaptors to lend out if any observers with laptops want to have a dabble at imaging.:)

I will be on pitch 118 in the hard standings with Anthony.

Mike.

I bought an emergency space blanket from Wikinsons (£2) to put under my air mattress. Even with the fan heater, I'm taking no chances with keeping warm this year.

the radiator reflective stuff from B&Q/Homestores/Wilks etc works well too - we're using that between the air bed and the sleeping bags.

We arrived earlier this afternoon. It's cold!!! Particularly when your 2 year old keeps opening the caravan windows!

Edited by Sarah

Don't believe I have ever tried an Islay whiskey, sounds nice.

Islay whisky is the best - dark and peaty :kiss: Mind you it's pretty pricey usually. Lagavulin is around £50 a bottle :Envy: Rare treat.

Having said all that I'm bringing HM sloe gin - really warming and by the sounds of the weather forecast we'll need it!

Doh! just remembered I cut up the camping matts to make dew shields

Don't worry, if you buy 3 of the largest dew shields available from FLO you can sew them together to make a camping mat :grin:

• Like 5

Modified my packing list to include snow shoes and avalanche poles :grin:

• Like 2

Doh! just remembered I cut up the camping matts to make dew shields

Made three new ones last night, and lined them with some ultra-black card. And this time ive made them removable by using sticky back velcro (no more squished dewshields!). Off down to b&q this morning to pick up a couple of those reflective mats to go under the beds.

Most of the astro gear is now packed, knowing my luck it will be clear tonight and tomorrow!

For those already there, the local tv forceast looks like you might get some clear sky tonight and tomorrow (Tue looks real nice). Maybe a bit raw in that wind though, so wrap up warm.

It's snowing at Lucksall lol I doubt it will settle though. VERY cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame Apple for the typos and me for the content

Hi Kev! It's too cold to come round and say "Hi" in person! :grin:

Trying to snow here in lovely hereford.

Dont suppose anyone with tools and knowledge will culminate my bins for me? They got dropped and now I'm seeing the world in a wonky double vision through them.

Will pay in jaffa cakes :)

Someone remind me why I'm going camping in this weather? Must be mad. I've said it before but I'm so glad I've got electricity this year, just run the fan heater to clear the dust out of it, not been used in a couple of years.

The weather is all over the place here in Wiltshire, it was snowing 5 min ago, now sunny blue skies, but the wind is bitter.

finally started to get my stuff together, need to finish repairs to the tent pole that broke at kelling last year, serious faff rethreading the elastic.

Been snowing horizontally here, including a short whiteout blizzard this morning. Hoping for a tiny bit better,

Nick.

I'm 60 miles SE of Lucksall and we have snow flurries and gusty winds. I've spent the morning cleaning the caravan so it won't be quite as embarrassing as it was last year !

I'm going to get an additional cylinder of gas - I've a feeling the heater might be on a bit this year :rolleyes2:

If this wind keeps up I might bring a refractor rather than the dob. Dobs in gusty winds can perform alarmingly !

Trying to snow here in lovely hereford.

Dont suppose anyone with tools and knowledge will culminate my bins for me? They got dropped and now I'm seeing the world in a wonky double vision through them.

Will pay in jaffa cakes :)

I have a pair that were going to be "Free to a Good Home" at SGL 8 if yours dont get fixed your welcome to have them...

Peter...

• Like 1

Had some nice solar views this afternoon, in between the snow showers!

I'm 60 miles SE of Lucksall and we have snow flurries and gusty winds. I've spent the morning cleaning the caravan so it won't be quite as embarrassing as it was last year !

I'm going to get an additional cylinder of gas - I've a feeling the heater might be on a bit this year :rolleyes2:

If this wind keeps up I might bring a refractor rather than the dob. Dobs in gusty winds can perform alarmingly !

I picked mine up from the storage today John,i think i will win the dirtiest caravan award this year :smiley: ,i had to come straight home but it will be having a wash tomorrow.

I picked mine up from the storage today John,i think i will win the dirtiest caravan award this year :smiley: ,i had to come straight home but it will be having a wash tomorrow.

The front, back and sides of mine are OK now but I could not face wobbling around on a ladder in a field to do the roof :undecided:

Look forward to seeing you there Matthew :smiley: