Narrowband

SGL 8 - General Banter

daz

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't believe I have ever tried an Islay whiskey, sounds nice.

Islay whisky is the best - dark and peaty :kiss: Mind you it's pretty pricey usually. Lagavulin is around £50 a bottle :Envy: Rare treat.

Having said all that I'm bringing HM sloe gin - really warming and by the sounds of the weather forecast we'll need it!

Doh! just remembered I cut up the camping matts to make dew shields

Don't worry, if you buy 3 of the largest dew shields available from FLO you can sew them together to make a camping mat :grin:

Doh! just remembered I cut up the camping matts to make dew shields

Made three new ones last night, and lined them with some ultra-black card. And this time ive made them removable by using sticky back velcro (no more squished dewshields!). Off down to b&q this morning to pick up a couple of those reflective mats to go under the beds.

Most of the astro gear is now packed, knowing my luck it will be clear tonight and tomorrow!

For those already there, the local tv forceast looks like you might get some clear sky tonight and tomorrow (Tue looks real nice). Maybe a bit raw in that wind though, so wrap up warm.

Trying to snow here in lovely hereford.

Dont suppose anyone with tools and knowledge will culminate my bins for me? They got dropped and now I'm seeing the world in a wonky double vision through them.

Will pay in jaffa cakes :)

Someone remind me why I'm going camping in this weather? Must be mad. I've said it before but I'm so glad I've got electricity this year, just run the fan heater to clear the dust out of it, not been used in a couple of years.

The weather is all over the place here in Wiltshire, it was snowing 5 min ago, now sunny blue skies, but the wind is bitter.

finally started to get my stuff together, need to finish repairs to the tent pole that broke at kelling last year, serious faff rethreading the elastic.

I'm 60 miles SE of Lucksall and we have snow flurries and gusty winds. I've spent the morning cleaning the caravan so it won't be quite as embarrassing as it was last year !

I'm going to get an additional cylinder of gas - I've a feeling the heater might be on a bit this year :rolleyes2:

If this wind keeps up I might bring a refractor rather than the dob. Dobs in gusty winds can perform alarmingly !

Trying to snow here in lovely hereford.

Dont suppose anyone with tools and knowledge will culminate my bins for me? They got dropped and now I'm seeing the world in a wonky double vision through them.

Will pay in jaffa cakes :)

I have a pair that were going to be "Free to a Good Home" at SGL 8 if yours dont get fixed your welcome to have them...

Peter...

I'm 60 miles SE of Lucksall and we have snow flurries and gusty winds. I've spent the morning cleaning the caravan so it won't be quite as embarrassing as it was last year !

I'm going to get an additional cylinder of gas - I've a feeling the heater might be on a bit this year :rolleyes2:

If this wind keeps up I might bring a refractor rather than the dob. Dobs in gusty winds can perform alarmingly !

I picked mine up from the storage today John,i think i will win the dirtiest caravan award this year :smiley: ,i had to come straight home but it will be having a wash tomorrow.

I picked mine up from the storage today John,i think i will win the dirtiest caravan award this year :smiley: ,i had to come straight home but it will be having a wash tomorrow.

The front, back and sides of mine are OK now but I could not face wobbling around on a ladder in a field to do the roof :undecided:

Look forward to seeing you there Matthew :smiley:

Archived