Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

daz

SGL 8 - General Banter

as Mark stated above I'll be on site from Monday lunchtime, if anyone needs help just find me on pitch 47

Just retrieved the tent and sleeping bags from the loft, and purchased a 13.5 tog duvet from Tesco for £12:50 - keep the OTA cosy in the car and me cosy at camp

Edited by pajr777

Hi Mark and Kevin,

I hope to arrive Monday lunchtime.

I have attached the roofbox, loaded the tent, table, carpet and windbreak into the box.

Knackered.

It is feeling cold here, snow predicted for Watford tomorrow, but still wearing my shorts!

See you Monday.

Cheers

Adrian

I hope to arrive Monday lunchtime.

Adrian

It will nice to see you again Adrian. Hopefully I will be around early Monday afternoon.

Mark

Nick although I won't be staying on site I will be arriving every day from next Monday to deal with any queries (until Daz arrives) that members might have. I know that Photosbykev will also be in attendance from Monday so there will be Mods around every day of the star party.

Just attempting to ally people's fears :)

Sounds like the usual suspects will be on the monday!

• Like 1

So there is no official timing here? I can arrive Friday and depart Sunday at my leisure?

So there is no official timing here? I can arrive Friday and depart Sunday at my leisure?

It depends on the number of nights booked, so if you have booked Friday and Saturday nights you can arrive anytime Friday and leave anytime Sunday

Just attempting to ally people's fears :)

Sounds like the usual suspects will be on the monday!

Looking at the forecast I could be drunk as a skunk by tea time lol

Thanks Kev, yeah I booked the 2 nights Friday night and Saturday :D Know some places like you to be on and off pitches at certain times so just wanted to be sure I wasn't outstaying my welcome :)

That feeling of "Your Forgetting Something" has started to creep in!

I have been through everything 20 times but that nagging doubt is still there....... :confused:

That feeling of "Your Forgetting Something" has started to creep in!

I have been through everything 20 times but that nagging doubt is still there....... :confused:

Jaffa cakes?

My wife camped in the arctic circle and suggests the following for SGL8..

Before going to sleep pull your socks down a bit..this airgap helps keep your feet warm.

Push the snow up around the base of the tent to stop up the airgap and breezes..

Have a flapjack to hand in case you get the shivers in the night if it goes below -20c..

Mark

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

My wife camped in the arctic circle and suggests the following for SGL8..

Before going to sleep pull your socks down a bit..this airgap helps keep your feet warm.

Push the snow up around the base of the tent to stop up the airgap and breezes..

Have a flapjack to hand in case you get the shivers in the night if it goes below -20c..

Mark

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

If it gets to -20c I'll be driving back to Gloucester and sleeping in my own bed!

• Like 2

I picked up an extra groundsheet today which I can pitch the tent on. If the ground is already wet/icy then I dont fancy putting a tent straight down on it. I was trying to get one of those reflective sleep mats too, but the local oswald bailey had sold out.... hmmm maybe a trip to go outdoors is in order.

Also got a couple of bags of tangfastics.... astronomy sweets that keep you awake :)

Beverages include a bottle of nice plonk and some spirits (no beer this year, it takes up too much room!).

Edited by Uranium235

I'll be bringing the Bruichladdich.. Laddie 10.. :D

but i don't like flapjacks !!!!

but i don't like flapjacks !!!!

I'm making some Mars crispy cakes to bring with me... You can have some of those instead :p

• Like 1

I'm making some Mars crispy cakes to bring with me... You can have some of those instead :p

I'M SAVED!!!! :grin:

• Like 1

a recently introduced SGL8 star party regulation requires all goodies to be taste tested by the SGL Mods before being consumed at Lucksall.

This is due to the increase in counterfeit Jaffa cakes which is unacceptable and we hope that the party goers understand and share our concerns and the need to check all goodies.

• Like 3

Most of the astro gear now pack up in plastic crates and pile up in the living room. Tomorrow I venture forth into the loft to retrieve the camping gear.

my plan is to empty the garage into the car, when I can't get any more in the car that's it :)

All astro stuff apart from the mount and scope boxed and ready to go.:)

Mike.