Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL 8 - General Banter

daz

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mark and Kevin,

I hope to arrive Monday lunchtime.

I have attached the roofbox, loaded the tent, table, carpet and windbreak into the box.

Knackered.

It is feeling cold here, snow predicted for Watford tomorrow, but still wearing my shorts!

See you Monday.

Cheers

Adrian

Nick although I won't be staying on site I will be arriving every day from next Monday to deal with any queries (until Daz arrives) that members might have. I know that Photosbykev will also be in attendance from Monday so there will be Mods around every day of the star party.

Just attempting to ally people's fears :)

Sounds like the usual suspects will be on the monday!

So there is no official timing here? I can arrive Friday and depart Sunday at my leisure?

It depends on the number of nights booked, so if you have booked Friday and Saturday nights you can arrive anytime Friday and leave anytime Sunday

My wife camped in the arctic circle and suggests the following for SGL8..

Before going to sleep pull your socks down a bit..this airgap helps keep your feet warm.

Push the snow up around the base of the tent to stop up the airgap and breezes..

Have a flapjack to hand in case you get the shivers in the night if it goes below -20c..

Mark

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

My wife camped in the arctic circle and suggests the following for SGL8..

Before going to sleep pull your socks down a bit..this airgap helps keep your feet warm.

Push the snow up around the base of the tent to stop up the airgap and breezes..

Have a flapjack to hand in case you get the shivers in the night if it goes below -20c..

Mark

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

If it gets to -20c I'll be driving back to Gloucester and sleeping in my own bed!

I picked up an extra groundsheet today which I can pitch the tent on. If the ground is already wet/icy then I dont fancy putting a tent straight down on it. I was trying to get one of those reflective sleep mats too, but the local oswald bailey had sold out.... hmmm maybe a trip to go outdoors is in order.

Also got a couple of bags of tangfastics.... astronomy sweets that keep you awake :)

Beverages include a bottle of nice plonk and some spirits (no beer this year, it takes up too much room!).

a recently introduced SGL8 star party regulation requires all goodies to be taste tested by the SGL Mods before being consumed at Lucksall.

This is due to the increase in counterfeit Jaffa cakes which is unacceptable and we hope that the party goers understand and share our concerns and the need to check all goodies.

Archived