Narrowband

SGL 8 - General Banter

daz

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

The weather for Hereford over SGL8 from Accuweather.com is slightly encouraging.

The nightly forecasts are as follows:

Monday 11th -6 Clear 8mph very cold

Tuesday 12th 0 mainly clear

Wednesday 13th 2 partial cloud

Thursday 14th 1 cloudy

Friday 15th -3 clear 9mph wind very cold

Saturday 16th -3 clear

Sunday 17th 0 rain/snow shower

Monday 18th 6 rain tapering off 15mph wind

So, it's plenty of warm gear, soups, fan heater, and if memory is correct similar to the

Forecast for SGL6 in 2011. That one from Medcheck was forecasting snow!

I will be wearing my shorts during the day......

Cheers

Adrian

Anyone having a shot at the Messier Marathon ?

There's a super app for £1.49.

We're hoping to have a go ,

Nick.

Yes, that app on iPad, Stellarium on MacBook and Telrad on OTA will be my GOTO system for the marathon :-)

If u just want a free app for ticking them off and looking up their RA & Dec there's a free app called messier list

I've just downloaded it, looks like a very nice little app - thanks for the heads up :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm ...... think I'll pack the grab and go refractor rather than the big dob, might get some viewing in that way !

Of course then we will get a really good night and I'll be kicking myself :rolleyes2:

Better take both .....

Doing that this weekend, but I might not break down the imaging gear just yet. I'll to that a couple of days before (just in case we get some clear sky!).

you know the rules; if you leave it up it will be cloudy, if you take it down it will be clear.

I've started to get my bits and bobs together, looks like I will need to source a new tent this weekend :(

you know the rules; if you leave it up it will be cloudy, if you take it down it will be clear.

I've started to get my bits and bobs together, looks like I will need to source a new tent this weekend :(

I've yet to get the tent out. It's sat in a trailer all winter so hoping it's not rotted away.

Archived