Narrowband

dslr and 130 not compatable, so where next ?

Does the lens element in your barlow screw out? I'm sure I read somewhere that the SW x2 barlows have removeable elements to allow the tube housing to be used on its own. If not, what about having a go at dismantling it anyway and getting another barlow?? Just a thought.

Good luck ;)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does the lens element in your barlow screw out? I'm sure I read somewhere that the SW x2 barlows have removeable elements to allow the tube housing to be used on its own. If not, what about having a go at dismantling it anyway and getting another barlow?? Just a thought.

Good luck ;)

yes the SW x2 barlow lens does unscrew, but you still can not focus without the barlow lens :(

• 5 years later...

While this is an old  thread to be sure it is news to me.  I have a SW 130  BKP DS and the fact that a dslr will not reach focus is a problem.  The scope is marketed as an astrograph does that mean that only a ccd or cmos astro cams will work this scope?

Mike

8 minutes ago, rml63 said:

While this is an old  thread to be sure it is news to me.  I have a SW 130  BKP DS and the fact that a dslr will not reach focus is a problem.  The scope is marketed as an astrograph does that mean that only a ccd or cmos astro cams will work this scope?

Mike

I believe the OP was talking about one of the other versions of the SW130, probably the SW130/900 which will have problems achieving focus with a dslr. The SW130/650 Ds should not have any problems like this.

1 hour ago, rml63 said:

Mike

@rml63, are you saying you can't get your dslr to focus with your PDS? 

If so, it may be worth starting a new thread specific to your OTA...

Ady

Archived