Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_comet_46p.thumb.jpg.9baae12eeb853c863abc6d2cf3df5968.jpg

lhuchison

My finished TAL100RS

post-22122-0-72682400-1347965814_thumb.jpost-22122-0-09087600-1347965868_thumb.jpost-22122-0-02994400-1347965910_thumb.jpost-22122-0-78230200-1347965978_thumb.j

I,v finally finished my Tal. i,m pleased with its performance and its lighter and more convenient to use as a grab it and go.

Plus it dosnt bother my other half as much when it lives in our lounge. I will drag out the 8inch newt for DSOs etc.

i made a spongy hat for the rigel, even though it dosnt seem to suffer as much from dew as my telrad on the newt.

The scubapro is a stretchy band for sorting the balance after re-aligning the tube during the night for best positioning. The good thing with a stretchy band i find ,is you can move it in

relation to the changing weight of the ota.

The solid dec knob in the ally knob set does allow much more precise feel than the flex ones.

Just waiting for a clear night ....... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Sweet! Tals really are great scopes and yours is great looking.

TheThing

• Like 1

Nice set-up, Leon. The TAL100 is a indeed a fine looking (and performing) scope! I might have to try the solid control rod things instead of the flex ones too.

• Like 1

Those solid aluminium knobs not only look great but have a more positive feel to them so that was a good modification. Set up looks great and just need the weather to be as appreciative!

James

Looks really good on the white mount and sure the views will be just as good

After a week of terrible rains, storms and clouds, today has finally cleared, so I'm off to the desert lands with Tal in hand :grin: Do you mean Jupiter, Ihuchison?

looks very nice . my other half would prefer that sat in the living room corner than the 8" dob , she hates it :smiley: .