Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

CGolder

Mystery filter from kelling

I won a filter in the raffle at kelling and I am not sure what it is

Edited by CGolder

Blooming post... I did a description and posted it but my tapatalk decided to freak when I changed a bit.

It have silver one side but not as much as say a 0iii filter when you look through in the day time it looks blue and when you turn it it looks purple ish and then yellow at the extreme side on

Any ideas? I think people are suggesting maybe fringe killer?? I have never had one to can not confirm

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

It's really hard to tell what the filter does just by looking at it in the daylight - I've seen UHC filters by different brands that look a bit different when you view them in the light !

If you place the filter on some white paper see what colour tint the filter gives to the paper behind it. That might give some clue.

try it on a few objects and then make up a purpose for it :grin:

Haha I have fitted it to the st80 just need a planet or moon to use it on now

Didn't it come in a box?

Sounds to me a bit like getting on a bus with no number on the front. I have looked at a few different filters and they all look different even when they are the same type.

Sorry I can't help.

Alan.

If I remember the list on the white board in the bandstand said Light Polution Filter

Hope that helps

Defo not a light pollution one as I have had a few of these and they are all very similar. Time will tell ;-) I was very close to winning the ethos this year lol

I tried it tonight in the st80 at high power. It does seem to but down the stay blue around objects but can still see plenty of false colour hhmmm

My new uhc filter (orion ultrablock) is mirrored to look at from a distance, greeny blue looking straight through, fading to green, then purple as you tilt it. Maybe yours is a broadband lp filter?