Best matt black paint

There is a matt Black available as in auto spray cans, or you could hand paint with Humbrol matt Black ( large tinlet ) if it is for small areas, from most model shops. there must be a photographic matt black which would be best, but I am not sure whether this is available commercially, perhaps someone will know :)

John.

I have just had a quick look and by all accounts Krylon Ultra Matt Black spay acrylic is what has been often recommended and used for photographic purposes, but it is a US product, seems to be available through Amazon and maybe some other UK suppliers :)

John.

I use a Halfords branded, 'Ultra Matt Black Spray' for difficult areas that brush on paint can't do just right......

DSCN0115.jpg

It's very matt black. Most impressive.

I use a small tin of 'International Matt Black' for inside of scope tubes etc. Again, a very good very matt finish. I find a couple of coats, applied with a small, 4"x 1" sponge roller, gives a perfect finish. Simply bend the roller handle stright. I've done my Tal 1 and Tal 'M'(80mm newt). The difference is night and day. Got my Tal 2M and Alcor tubes lined up for the treatment, next.

Andy.

Ok, thanks for the replies.

Just been to Wilkos and picked up 2 rolls of DC Fix flocking for £5 each and a tin of Wilkos own blackboard paint.

They also sell the International branded paint and hopefully the Wilkos stuff is the same with their own label on.

I have also ordered a small tin of the Rustins stuff from eBay so I will do a comparison

Archived