SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What are your QHY6 camera Experiences?

ncjunk

Hi,

I always seem to be fighting the drivers on this camera trying to come up with something that works.

I have had it working in XP but then changed to windows 7 and had to use some old drivers (this worked for a while)

then my computer died and I re-installed windows 7 and couldn´t get it working again with the same set of drivers.

I am begining to hate my qhy6 with a passion. Add to this that when I got a qhy8l the qhy6 wrote it´s temperature, which

it doesn´t really have, over the top of the qhy8l internal temperature reading effectively disabling temp control on the QHY8l

and you can see why I hate it.

Anyone got one of these and got it working correctly? what drivers are you using?

• 1 year later...

Mine has worked perfectly for 3 years but I only use it for guiding

The reason I searched for threads on the QHY6 this morning was to see if anyone had done planetary imaging with it - I suppose once I try that - or any other imaging I may have a similar experience to yours :-(

David

Archived