M33 Triangulum galaxy

andyo

Great conditions last night decided to have a go at m33 using the 200p and canon 450 guided with qhy5 and finderscope.Took 25subs of 200secs

with 10 darks and 20 flat.In hindsight should have done longer subs maybe 400-500secs.know better for next time. Processed using DSS and photoshop.Can see some odd shaped stars which I think is coma but welcome any feedback on this

M33NGC598TRIANGULUMGALAXYfinal.png

That's an excellent image! You'll definitely get a lot more details with longer subs. You can just see the larger structure poking through around the edges now, so longer subs will bring that out.

I did the same thing with this target last year and wished I'd doubled the exposure time of the subs.

Really for this target I'd say go for 10 minutes if you can manage, otherwise 600 might be a good compromise. Go for the longest you can expose for with the DSLR and not get too much sky glow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice, plenty of detail too... love the Ha in the spiral arms.. :smiley:

Just needs a tweak to get rid of the green back ground, this galaxy should have a wonderful blue tone, I couldn't tweak it much more as its a highly compressed .png

original.jpg

Thanks for the comments everyone.Certainly better with the tweak to remove some of the green in the background thanks Guy.Thanks for the advice OzDave, I intend returning to this one and definately increasing the exposure will try 10mins and see how it looks

Lovely image - must try that one myself. That is coma you have on the edge stars, I use the SW coma corrector in my 200pds and it removes that nicely.

I am looking at getting a coma corrector soon and the SW one is high on the list,do you have any trouble achieving focus and would you recommend it.

Thanks everyone for the feedback much appreciated

No problem with focus on my PDS - I don't think the focus point changed much if at all. The Baader MPCC is supposed to be better, but it wasn't available anywhere at the time. I'm happy with the SW one though. Don't forget that the SW CC needs a different DSLR adaptor than you are using now, and that the Baader MPCC doesn't, that brings the price difference closer together.

No problem with focus on my PDS - I don't think the focus point changed much if at all. The Baader MPCC is supposed to be better, but it wasn't available anywhere at the time. I'm happy with the SW one though. Don't forget that the SW CC needs a different DSLR adaptor than you are using now, and that the Baader MPCC doesn't, that brings the price difference closer together.

Thanks Roger,Its between the Baader and skywatcher still havnt made my mind up yet

Archived