Rosette Nebula in Ha

Farooq

After a long break because of the high temperature and guiding problems, i was able to finally get cooler weather (32degs C and only 48% humidity) and managed to get my DEC drift in phd arrested somewhat. I was lucky to get about 5 x 600sec Ha subs. I didn't have any corresponding 600s darks at 0 degs in my darks library so I used darks I had taken at -5degs and bias frames I had at 0 degs.

Below is the result, this is the first time I have been able to image the rosette nebula since I got my mono CCD.

Unfortunately it was a busy night at the nearby airport and gave some trailing on the images.

post-21564-0-13531400-1347631079_thumb.j

Nice... I assume this is with your ED80? Seems to be the perfect FOV for the Rosette!

Thanks.

Yes, unfortunately the SW 200p has been relegated to the storeroom ever since I got the ED80 and I have done very little visual work. Whenever I have time or weather permitting, I get out the ED80 for imaging only.

I used to have to heavily crop all my images before, but ever since I got the Hotech FF, I only crop the images if the object of interest in not centred. The FOV of the ED80 is just right for most large nebulae and galaxies, but not for Globulars.

Archived