Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
nytecam

'pillars of creation' #2

Last night, after shooting M27 nearby, chanced on NGC 6823 OC and SH2-86 [=NGC 6820] via Megastar which appears to be bigger than the Eagle Nebula with dark 'pillars' but at a much better altitude for us in UK :rolleyes: Cloud moved in and finished the short session last night but not before I faintly recorded the prime 'pillar' and hot blue stars embedded. My 20' x 15' fov on my set-up too small to get all the nebula in and needs you Y-dangle shooters to capture all of it :Envy:

post-21003-0-03958700-1347609366_thumb.j

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stevebb
      Bit of a longshot, does anyone have a Primaluce Eagle 3 + cables going for sale. I am toying between this option or an Intel NUC/Pegasus Pocket Powerbox to automate my observatory.

Thanks in advance and a Happy New Year.

Steve
      MIG Observatory
    • By GDS
      I’m trying to find indication (shareable evidence) of when the first telescopic photo of the Pillars Of Creation was produced.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    • By glowingturnip
      Here's my last one from my summer crop - it actually turned into a year-long project, I took the Ha in August 2017, the OIII in July this year and the SII in August.

10 each x900s Ha, OIII and SII, darks flats and bias, equipment as per sig, taken in southern Spain, PI processing.

Just for fun, here's a side-by-side comparison of my Pillars of Creation vs Nasa's, can you guess which is which ?  

Ok, not much of a contest really, but then their telescope is a bit more expensive than mine is !  Quite interesting to have a close look though, there are a number of features in common that I have managed to pick up that aren't apparent at first glance.

I'd be happy to receive feedback on what you think, feel free to be honest since I'm not quite sure how I feel about it, especially the colours.  Comments and cc welcome.

Hope you enjoy,

Stuart

[edited to fix Flickr link}
    • By AstroAndy
      Hi all
      This one was processed using Ha as monochrome Luminance layer.
      Ha 2x15m 2x10m 31x5m, binx1, 3h25m integration time
      RGB 5x5m each, bin1, 1h15m integration time, altogether 4h40m.
      Andy

• By AstroAndy
      Hi all
      Another M27, this time with H-alpha added: I set out to capture the outer shell, no matter how little or much. It may not be perfect, but I'm happy with it. 2x15min, 2x10min, 31x5min, RGB 5x5 in each channel, bin x1, altogether 4:40h of exposure. This is an HaRGB image, Ha integrated into red, and the separate HaR used as luminance.
      Andy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.