Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Camera for novice

Dunkster

Wise folk, I seek your suggestions...

I've currently got a Celestron Neximage that I've used with my 6SE with somewhat, erm, interesting results, but I've learned a lot about my scope, the mount and Registax, etc, through the whole experience.

I've since upgraded my scope (to a C11+neq6) and since Jupiter is a good target and approaching opposition, I'm wondering if I'm going to miss opportunities for better images if I stick with the Neximage.... or what my options are at the humble end of the scale. Initially I'd just be taking a shot at Jupiter, but if I do OK I might pick up a small frac for some basic dso. Time permitting, I might still want to use it with the C6 (planetary only of course), and I appreciate the weather plays a big part (I'm trying to understand the weather, but that's another story...)

Anything that fits the bill, or are different cameras better for different targets?

Yours, in innocence... :eek:

I'm wondering if I'm going to miss opportunities for better images if I stick with the Neximage
There are lots of excellent Jupiter images floating around that were taken with a Neximage.

I reckon that with your C11 you should be able to get some results you can be proud of.

Archived