SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

September Meet

zakkhogan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went a couple of nights ago to have a go at the moon, even with a filter it was so bright, I was nearly blind in one eye for a couple of hours, but it did look spectacular. I think I actually take the moon for granted, it's just there, and to be honest, a bit of a nuisance, but when you are up close to it, it is a fantastic place to see. But still to bright :)

Have you tired a colour filter? I was looking at the 99% Moon on Saturday with a red eyepiece filter and it was quite comfortable.

Have you tired a colour filter? I was looking at the 99% Moon on Saturday with a red eyepiece filter and it was quite comfortable.

I will give this try, thanks, never thought of trying a coloured filter.

Looks like Saturday night might be clear upto 1am - since it gets darker earlier that would still give us a few hours.. I'll be keeping an eye on this I think!

Wouldn't able to make that one if you fancy venturing out. Got a leaving do for one of our girls at work.. :police:

o my GOD!!!!!!!! FINALLY seen orion thru my bins (not yet my scope)

wow !!!!! in fact this morning at 5:45 am was a complete wow, jupiter or saturn (not sure which as i havent been outside for a while or checked stellarium), Pleiades, orion all looking just fantastic !!!! cant wait to get the scope out

o my GOD!!!!!!!! FINALLY seen orion thru my bins (not yet my scope)

wow !!!!! in fact this morning at 5:45 am was a complete wow, jupiter or saturn (not sure which as i havent been outside for a while or checked stellarium), Pleiades, orion all looking just fantastic !!!! cant wait to get the scope out

Saturn is long gone now, that would have be Jupiter

@skywatcher, Orion is fantastic, my fave constellation, lots to see there, I always look every time I go out and he is around. It's too early in the year yet for him to be high enough for me, but later in the season he hangs right over my garden, such a glorious sight.

Its looking pretty clear here so far, fingers crossed for tonight.

Archived