SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

3min M31

mpeniak

That's so good I didn't enlarge it. If I had I'd have gone green with jealousy and just burst. Three minutes? Thats just silly, so I'll say no more.

(KK shuffles away muttering and kicks his rubber dog on the way past)

You need to write a primer on doing this stuff Martin, it would be a real help to the rest of us as the quality of your images is going from strength to strength. Keep this up and you'll be famous mate. Great quickie you caught there, better than my three hour sessions on this target.

Kaptain klevtsov

There's something not right here.. :scratch: No, honestly Martin, how high above the sea level do you actually live and how big is your scope? For 3 one minute exposures that is incredibly good result. so c'mon, spill the beans mate 8)

Marius

There's something not right here.. :scratch: No, honestly Martin, how high above the sea level do you actually live and how big is your scope? For 3 one minute exposures that is incredibly good result. so c'mon, spill the beans mate 8)

Marius

Haha. I think Marius that the amount of detail in the picture was simply because of good visibility I had that night. It was just after rain and sky cleared out and it was crystal clear. I only got modest 8" f:5 Newtonian ;)

The image is good for 3mins but I spent much more time on that and I will need to ask somebode for help because I get several types of trailing when I try to image something at 1min exposure. From my bad images I can see that some trailing was caused by wind as the trails are quite faint and stars are nice and round (only have those thin trails behind). Another type is standard star trails which you see everyhere else and that last one is confusing. I can see that alignment is ok but I still get trail which are broken into two parts. I think either something wrong with motors or mount itself. I am gonna have very little time for imaging now as I am changing my job (taxi driver) and will have to spend every spare time learning streets and so on. Whats more I will still have to be doing night and university.uff. I should be much better in one month time I hope.

Thanks to all for comments anyway :wink:

Martin :(

Martin :D

Archived