SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Upgraded my mac laptop - now Stellarium doesn't work

Jove

Hi, I recently upgraded my old (around 6 year) mac book to 'Snow Leopard' (OS X 10.6). I now find Stellarium starts but the main display is really flickery. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it? I was using Stellarium 10.3 but downloaded the latest version too, which has the same problem.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I recently upgraded my old (around 6 year) mac book to 'Snow Leopard' (OS X 10.6). I now find Stellarium starts but the main display is really flickery. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it? I was using Stellarium 10.3 but downloaded the latest version too, which has the same problem.

Thanks!

Hi Jove,

Have never had issues with Stellarium on any version of OS X.

What model of MacBook are you using? Do you also have the integrated / discrete double graphic card configuration?

This is most likely an incompatibility with the screen resolution. Set your mac screen to a lower resolution and try again.

You can try to locate the Config.ini of Stellarium and set the Full Screen mode to FALSE. (Use finder to locate config.ini

as I can't remember the exact location and don't have stellarium in my work mac now :p it might even be inside

the stellarium file itself, so right click -> show package content).

You may also try to Right-Click on the Stellarium file -> Get Info -> tick the Run in 32 bit mode box. Try again running Stellarium.

If that doesn't work, close Stellarium and do this:

- Open a Finder window

- Click on the menu "Go"

- Click on "Go to folder"

- Copy ~/Library/Caches/ and press return

- from that location, find and trash a folder containing Stellarium in the name. Empty the trash

- Start Stellarium again.

Let me know if that helps.

Best Regards

Thanks for the tips.

I found it helps if I disable 'Spaces' before running Stellarium. On the odd occaision when there has been some flickering alt-tabbing away and back again seems to clear things up. Not perfect but at least makes the program usable again. This is version 0.11.2 on a really old Macbook with integrated graphics.

Hope this is of help to someone!

Archived