Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SKY AT NIGHT _ special edition booklets. Great Value!

Aenima

Not sure if this has already been said but the recent release of two special Sky At Night booklets (Over 100 pages) - Beginner's guide to Astronomy, and Beginners guide to Astrophotography, are only £7.99 each and contain loads of info on both subjects - like 10 regular Magazines worth of articles and information all in one Mega-Magazine.

I have bought both after reading in WH Smiths for 10 mins to see what they were like, and for someone wanting to learn without doing it one magazine article at a time, these are for you!

Check out your local WH Smith or other sources of Sky at night magazines..

You wont regret buying these, very impressive.

Aenima

I had a look at the astrophotography one but it just duplicates the Master Classes in the magazines I already have.

Yeah, this is true though I missed a lot of those when I missed buying the magazines, and a lot of the ones I did buy have aged and wrinkled thanks to my amazing filing system in the corner on the floor :)

To have it all in one sturdy book and accesible at once is the thing I liked about them. These are for those that dont have comprehensive collections of Sky at night mags.

Aenima

Nice heads up, I shall hit my local store tomorrow and hope they have a few in. Astrophotography one definately sounds like my cuppa tea.

Available online here http://buysubscriptions.com/Product/complete-guide-to-astrophotography?offer=CGAE12&countryCode=GBR there is a link for subscribers to hit that knocks the price down to £7.99

Available online here http://buysubscripti...countryCode=GBR there is a link for subscribers to hit that knocks the price down to £7.99

Hmm, not sure whether 9.20 is the online price or US or something but they should both be £7.99 each which is the price printed on the barcode - its what I paid for them in the store.

They do repeat the special feature started in jan2012 astrophotography tutorials but there is a lot more in the AP guide including image capture/processing and widefield/lunar/deep sky/planetary for a wide range of skill levels and equipment. And the Astronomy guide has it all as well, the whole works.

Was very impressed as buying the magazine only gives you info in tiny snippets, two pages here and there with the rest being adverts, reviews,astro news and current astro-affairs etc. but these things are 100% info guides.

Aenima

Is this Buysubscritions.com a scam site? I bought the Astrophotography mag a few days ago, and am STILL waiting for my confirmation e-mail regarding delivery, supposedly due in 24 hours. Have contacted and still nothing. I'm also worried that they do not offer even an estimate of delivery time when you buy from them.

Is this Buysubscritions.com a scam site? I bought the Astrophotography mag a few days ago, and am STILL waiting for my confirmation e-mail regarding delivery, supposedly due in 24 hours. Have contacted and still nothing. I'm also worried that they do not offer even an estimate of delivery time when you buy from them.

As said, totally legit. I bought my copy through them and they shipped it out to Spain within about a week.

Wah, thats not good, the trouble people seem to be having with the online service. :( Sorry folks, as I got mine at wh smiths newsagent I didnt have any of the hassle that the onine customers had, would have definitely mentioned it if I had known. Also, that quoted price of 9.20 or 7.99 if you subscribe isnt really the deal as they retailed in UK shops for £7.99 each, maybe its different elsewhere and online..?

Anyway, hope everyone recieves what they're owed and can benefit from the great info aimed at beginners who want to learn more about both subjects.

Regards

Aenima

quoted price of 9.20 or 7.99 if you subscribe isnt really the deal as they retailed in UK shops for £7.99 each, maybe its different elsewhere and online..?

In my head I added the word 'delivered' or 'including p&p' to the price since many online retailers still charge for that, so the delivery charge is effectively £1.21, which they forgo if you already subscribe to S@N. I guessed it would take forever, to come on previous form from subscriptions so I went in with low expectations of delivery time and so far they are meeting them.

I guess it's for people who can't find it in a shop, or haven't the time / capability to traipse around looking for it, but can wait to have it delivered.

You can't be an astronomer without learning patience, you're always waiting for something. Kit imports, weather to shift, the moon to darken, a planet to rise, a comet to turn up, a meteor shower, the Pleiades to get out from behind the house, the neighbour to call in a tree surgeon to do some pruning. We're always waiting for something.

Archived