SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello

pylon37

Hello all. New to astronomy with dead kean son, we started late last year and I guess like most everyone am waiting on some clear dark sky's.

Anyway thought I would make my first post memorable with this account of disaster. My son and I are both archers and we're practising this afternoon in the garden shooting into a target boss in our shed. Got distracted and misfires one straight into our skywatcher 130 which was sitting under a cover in the shed, punched straight through and out. Fortunately no major damage (other than 2 holes ) which couldn't be patched with gaffer tape.

Anyway I'm guessing here but I suspect no one's ever asked if anyone's ever shot their reflector before?

Hi Pylon37 and welcome both to SGL, as a retired Archer myself I think your accident must be a first with a telescope, powerful weapons bows. As a County Judge I know of a sheep being hit by a stray arrow and a Blackbird in mid flight at a tournament, our main sports club Secretary nearly bought it one afternoon, he was trimming the roses behind the club house when a badly loosed clout arrow just missed him by inches, off course there were those in the main club, when they heard about it, said it was a bad shot :eek:

John.

Archived