sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_31.thumb.jpg.b7a41d6a0fa4e315f57ea3e240acf140.jpg

Joy Cove, Steuben Maine

A cool September evening in quiet Downeast Maine. The tide rolls out of the flats of Joy Cove with only the Illumination of the rising Moon and the camp fire. The stars of Sagittarius trail through the trees in this secluded campsite. The wife and kids tucked away in their sleeping bags while dad enjoys the warm campfire. You can perhaps just make this out with my back towards the camera. Ah, life in Maine.

Pentax Spotmatic II 35mm f/3.5 SMC Takumar @ f/5.6 - 15 minutes exposure on Kodak Elite Chrome 200. Cropped to 5:4 ratio

7952664494_5fc841882f_b.jpg

Camping in Maine by Nightfly Photography, on Flickr

How do you put up with it Jim? Life being so tough?? :grin:

Olly

PS, I just received a copy of our mutual hero's Photographic Atlas of Selected Regions Of the Milky Way in its budget reprinted form. Recommended. You could browse it by firelight...

It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it. Thanks Olly.

I did get an electronic copy (pdf) version of the second edition Photographic Atlas. It is a joy to read and view. I love reading Barnard's descriptions. Simply wonderful.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By wavydavy
      Originally brought for my C11 HD Edge, which its made for, but if used with filter wheel, OAG, and 0.7 focal reducer the spacing is to far out, hence the reluctant sale of this A+ Condition, unused (other than to see if it worked) focuser. The price includes special delivery. Bank transfer, paypal is ok, or cash/collect...ect... The price is £200. This would be great for planetary imaging, imaging without using an OAG, bringing the travel closer. Thanks for looking.

• By mcg_photogrpahy
      Hello everybody. My last imaging session left odd looking star trials in my photos, almost like a clockwise motion. My polar alignment and balance were good, so I am not sure why this issue is occuring. Below is an attached video of me scrolling through my subs. Any help/ advice would be greatly appreciated!
      IMG_7102.mov
    • By mikeyscope
      Just a quick cropped image of the Venus/Pleiades conjunction with Hyades looking on by moonlight from last night.
      Pentax K5 / Pentax 12-24mm lens / 1.4x rear converter / Exp. 30secs @f10 / iso 500
      Ioptron tracker at siderial.

• By dtastro
      Is Thetford Forest a Dark Sky site, if so has anyone been camping there.  Looking for a good location for a small group to go.
    • By 25585
      How good are revolvable polarising filters for reducing light pollution and moonlight from most affected areas of sky?
      Also for seeing bright objects and reducing brightness that covers near neighbouring objects?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.