Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pushing the limits. M13

zhgutas

I wouldn't put this here, since I didn't even try to make it look good. no effort (except 35 minutes trying to polar align the scope!) . This is a simple shot of m13, no stacking, nothing done on PS except converting from NEF to JPG. I took this one back home, only to test how good my EQ3 can track (with the help of polar finder I have never used before). As far as I remember it is 2 minute exposure. I doubt it couldn't do any better than that. But unfortunately I had no time to check that or to take more frames for stacking ( ;) ) . As stars near the center are quite trailless (is there a word like that?) I guess those in the corners suffer from field curvature of the refractor. I like that blue fringing though. You can barely make out the ngc6207 as Phil (geppetto) found out in his photo ( http://tinyurl.com/2pt3fk ) . All in all I'm happy about it, since it shows that even EQ3 can take you into more serious imaging. The biggest limitation now (for globs) is magnification :wink:. (Special thank you to Phil for helping me out with polar finder. Can't wait to produce something more decent :( )

Marius

1300_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Well Marius, I think your 2 minute exposure has produced a very nice, and very acceptable widefield Globular.

You should push the mount to see how it copes with longer exposures. But, as I said, there is nothing wrong with what you have produced here.

Ron. ;)

Well done Marius I like it a lot. It's nice widefield image with some amp glow in the corner ;) but that ok as you did not use dark frames. I think I can see some distant fuzzies in the background :shock:...very nice!

Keep up the good work mate!

Martin

Amp glow. Its caused by the amplifier fo rthe DSLR sensor being next to the sensor. The heat from the amplifier causes the pixels to register as though there is light falling on the sensor.

Kaptain Klevtsov

cristal crear now KK :salute: I was just about to blame my mate for walking arround with a flashlight ;)

Archived