Blinded by the light.

cotterless45

Hoping for better than last night.... chap in the house behind went out, more than his faulty security light did. Then I had a display of the 7 surrounding security lights. Later:

All dark and nice , then at 12.45 an almighty flash! Hadn't a clue what that was......

The nosey neighbours next door had taken a photo of me , one holding the curtain open.Then as I was walking down the garden, another flash.

Herself is one of life's hand on hips gawpers.Herself once asked me if I was looking for little green men.

I had been expecting a knock on the door to tell me that they'd got a photo of a burglar, nice,

Nick.

my next door neighbour has just installed a light above his new decking that he keeps on while about midnight.as we dont get on im sure this is a deliberate attempt to annoy me.ive countered this by putting up a light shield on the wall we share which blocks some of his sun.fight fire with fire ;)

I have turned off my back patio security light for good. I have a fox that lives behind my shed which also has a security light and I thought we had an agreement, when I am observing he would go out or stay put, but no, I go out and he starts doing perimeter patrols of said shed, will have to switch that one off too.

I had been expecting a knock on the door to tell me that they'd got a photo of a burglar, nice,

Go out one night wearing an eye mask and carrying a large sack labelled "SWAG" (Swadlincote and Woodville Astronomy Group, obviously).

James

Why would they take photo's of you?

If you find out please post the answer, I would be slightly annoyed by that. I guess I can think of a few reasons but that would be jumping to conclusions hastily.

I bet they didn't expect the flash to go off though and then couldn't find the setting to turn it off for the second photo, so much for stealth.

I think you would be within your rights to politely ask why they took a photo of you.

At least it would be an excuse to establish some sort of dialogue with them, put to rest any misgivings they have and might lead to them being more helpful regards the security light.

We had some slight tensions with some neighbours over car parking a few years back. Once we actually started talking to them things eased quite quickly and now we get on pretty well.

The nosey neighbours next door had taken a photo of me , one holding the curtain open.Then as I was walking down the garden, another flash.

Herself is one of life's hand on hips gawpers.Herself once asked me if I was looking for little green men.

Tell her you are searching for intelligent life and have to use a telescope as there is none locally.

Mike

Whilst the instinctive reaction to bad neighbours is "fight fire with fire", that approach usually just makes things worse and you end up digging a hole that you can't get out of. The best approach is to get something spectacular in the eyepiece and then invite the offending person over to have a look. I did this once using the Perseus double cluster and the guy was gob-smacked. Kept on looking through the eyepiece then up at the sky to where it was and repeating " blumming hell!". No trouble after that.

Archived