Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EOS to T2 adaptor

Komet

Has anyone any experience of this ......

TSEOS-T2

I am considering one to connect my EOS lenses to my QHY IMG2Pro for some widefield stuff. I would still have to figure out how to fix the lens and camera to the mount.

Any and all comments very welcome.

Thanks

Ooh, very interesting. The top section of that looks like the dirt cheap extension tube sets you find on ebay without electrical contacts. example They screw together in sections... if you can replace the lowest section (camera size) with a different adapter you'll be sorted. Just need to know what thread that is and find an existing adapter, and that could be very low cost.

I have such a set, although I can't find most of it right now. I can find the camera side piece, and the tube sized female thread is about 59mm inner diameter. Does that ring any bells?

Ooh, very interesting. The top section of that looks like the dirt cheap extension tube sets you find on ebay without electrical contacts. example They screw together in sections... if you can replace the lowest section (camera size) with a different adapter you'll be sorted. Just need to know what thread that is and find an existing adapter, and that could be very low cost.

I have such a set, although I can't find most of it right now. I can find the camera side piece, and the tube sized female thread is about 59mm inner diameter. Does that ring any bells?

Yep spotted that ... as you say, we just need to know if there is an adaptor available for the camera end.

Anyone?

Do you have a 58mm filter you could try - it may well be that that is the thread

Oops, didn't see that... I just had a go, neither 58 nor 62mm photographic filter threads fit. They're either side of it. Even if they did I wouldn't know about the thread pitch.

Have you seen this?

http://www.deepfield.at/articles/canon2atik/

Over the summer to keep myself busy I had a quick go at making one but haven't used it properly yet. It cost 99p for a spare eos lens end cap from ebay so I figured it was worth trying...

I then used a couple of guidescope rings on a dovetail to hold the lens in place.

I hope to try this "system" out again over the coming months.

Not sure if this is of any use to you or if it too cheap a DIY option! :laugh:

• 3 months later...

Adapting the lens cover seems a little flimsy when there are some good steel T2 adpters out there also a big problem I get mounting to my 300PDS is I often run out of focus with a standard T2 and have gone for a slimline mount like this one on e-bay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261128189534?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649.

I've tried 2 and have come down on one. I started by robbing the T2 / EOS adaptor on my Sigma 500mm lens, this worked well in terms of mounting my EOS to a 1.25" or 2" nosepiece and by swapping various barlows etc I can juggle fittings to get my camera set for everything except wider field photos, as you pick these up for about £8.00 I wasn't too bothered about replacing it, but I'm glad I didn't. The issue I have had is that with all adaptors removed and a bare 2" GSO adaptor screwed onto my old T2 I can't quite turn the focus knob on the scope in far enough I was maybe 1 - 2mm short of focus. Adding my 1.25" nosepiece (which all of my filters fit!) just added to the problem, or even adding one of my slowly growing range of 2" filters. These slimline jobs are about 10mm Thinner, basically the 42mm thread is tapped directly into the EOS bayonet casting instead of being coupled together in a modular unit. Probably no good as a camera lens adaptor but it does allow me to focus that few mm lower which makes all the difference.

I think you are reading this wrong. Its about using a Canon lens on a CCD camera with a T2 thread. Its easy to connect a Canon camera body to a lens or scope but not the EOS lens to a CCD body.

• 9 months later...

Has anyone any experience of this ......

TSEOS-T2

I am considering one to connect my EOS lenses to my QHY IMG2Pro for some widefield stuff. I would still have to figure out how to fix the lens and camera to the mount.

Any and all comments very welcome.

Thanks

I sent mine back to TS.  The Lens was quite loose on the bayonet fitting and under the weight of the 200mm meant the chip wasn't square on.  Ended up spending the cash and getting the Geoptik

Archived