Narrowband

Moon images Skymax 127

bigal1

Hi all well for a brief spell the clouds cleared lastnight so i rushed out and got a few images of the Moon and although it was very cloudy while it was clear the seeing was not too bad , the equipment used was a Skywatcher Skymax 127 scope and a Canon 1000D camera mounted on a CG-4 the final image is a stack of 50 seperate images .

Regards Alan

post-6177-0-80800300-1346872735_thumb.jp

post-6177-0-23180000-1346872825_thumb.jp

That's very nice indeed. What have you done with the second one in terms of colour processing? It looks quite odd initially, but actually really makes the highlands stand out from the maria, especially where the illumination is very flat.

James

That's very nice indeed. What have you done with the second one in terms of colour processing? It looks quite odd initially, but actually really makes the highlands stand out from the maria, especially where the illumination is very flat.

James

Hi James the images i took were in raw format so once i did the black and white version ( this is just the raw subs stacked ) i then put that final image back into photoshop and increase the saturation and vibrance as the color was still contained in the raw image but it just needs bumping up to bring it through :)

Hi James the images i took were in raw format so once i did the black and white version ( this is just the raw subs stacked ) i then put that final image back into photoshop and increase the saturation and vibrance as the color was still contained in the raw image but it just needs bumping up to bring it through :)

I was wondering if it was just pulling out colour that is actually there. We all tend to intuitively think of the moon as grey, but I had this nagging feeling that it can't really be all vague shades of grey. I'll have a play with one of my images at some point, but there's a fly I need to remove from the ointment first. Perhaps that needs a separate thread...

James

Archived