Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC1805 Mosaic * a work in progress*

MikeD

Last night I decided to add to my hart Neb image and start a mosaic of the area.

Unfortunately the clouds put pay to me matching the exposure time of the first image.

I thought I would post this work in progress as it shows very well that there is no substitute for time when imaging

The frame on the right is 22 @ 10 Min's and the left is 12 @ 10 Min's

The two raw images were stitched together (before any processing) to make the mosaic so, both images have received identical processing.

The difference in the signal to noise ratio between the two half's is clear and is why from now on I will be aiming for at least 4 hours( weather permitting) on all my DSO images from now on.

1294_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

the full size image can be found on page 3 of this link

http://www.freewebs.com/mikesastroimaging/hx916deepspaceobjects.htm

Mike.

Work in progress or not Mike, that's simply quite staggering. Utterly gorgeous image - and setting a very high bar for me to achieve over the next couple of years, as we're working with almost identical kit.

Can't wait to see the finished article, as I think it's going to be something VERY special. Are you planning to get colour as well as more luminance?

Cheers,

Chris

I had a look at the full size image and I couldn't see the join where the s/n ratio deteriorated. What I did see was some very fine dust detail - you have achieved very high resolution and it will be a superb image - It's going to take you forever though!!

Thanks for the kind comment's guys.

Are you planning to get colour as well as more luminance?

The plan is to add two more L shots to the mosaic and then get some colour using the 80ED.

I had a look at the full size image and I couldn't see the join where the s/n ratio deteriorated.

That will be because the two frames were blended during Maxim dl's mosaic function.

You can see what I mean more clearly in these two left and right cropped sections from the mosaic.

These two sections were processed as one image from joined raws( identical processing).

Mike.

post-13376-133877331453_thumb.jpg

That's coming along really well Mike, and has been said, an excellent bit of 'stitching'.

Quite a project to attempt, but the end result will be well worth your efforts. Especially if you continue to achieve that degree of resolution, as I'm sure you will.

Good luck.

Dave

Just got to add my two pennyworth. Simply astonishing. I had a look at the full sized one too, I can't see what needs to be done to make it better. It looks superb. I look forward to seeing the finished job, however long it takes you. I want to see what the difference between superb and whatever comes next.

Lovely work Mike, and very professional.

Ron. ;)

Well blended young man.

The original image stood out a mile for being very smooth. The good s/n all down to the considerable exposure. It takes a bit of patience to sit down and dedicate the time to one channel of one image. But the reward for the effort is clear

Nice stuff - here to clear skies

Anthony

Archived