Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first lunar image

petergc

Indeed it is. Such a shame that the brightness robs one side of the moon of depth and makes the features look flat. Out of interest, what exposure/ISO setting did you use for this, and is it a single image or a stack?

James

Thanks for all your comments. It was a single shot. I will have to check out other details when I get home as this was taken a few days ago maybe a week. I do want to start stacking but I want to wait till its much darker at night. Roll on winter !!!

May I ask the settings on the camera you used?

Many thanks, because that is a fantastic image.

The camera was a Canon 60d mounted via a t2 mount. The settings were as follows iso 400, 1/200sec exposure I believe it was shot in aperture mode at f22. I used a 2 second timer but I think i would of had it a lot sharper had I used a shutter release cable. My eq2/3 mount was a little wobberly. this was the best of about ten exposures.

If anyone else has any tips then please share as I would like to better this next time!

Archived