Skywatcher Explorer 130!!

Hello everyone! How are you all?

I was just wondering what you all thought of this 'scope? I've been looking at getting one for planets, lunar and other DSO (Orions nebular, andromeda galaxy etc) it seems like it can do it but with a 2x+ Barlow addition? Could anyone shine any light on this please? Or let me know which one you'd personally go for?

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Tom.

Decent scope to start out in the hobby. You would only need the barlow for the moon and planets - big deep sky objects like the Orion Nebula or the Andromeda Galaxy need low magnification. A 130mm scope will show a lot of deep sky objects (many as faint patches of light to be honest) under a dark sky, tons of details on the Moon and some details of Saturn, Jupiter, Mars and Venus.

Decent scope to start out in the hobby. You would only need the barlow for the moon and planets - big deep sky objects like the Orion Nebula or the Andromeda Galaxy need low magnification. A 130mm scope will show a lot of deep sky objects (many as faint patches of light to be honest) under a dark sky, tons of details on the Moon and some details of Saturn, Jupiter, Mars and Venus.

Ah! I'll have to do some research on Barlows! Thank you for your help was informative! As long as I can see details on the moon and definitely jupiters moons that's enough for me!

Thanks again.

Tom.

Archived