SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ARDUINO UNO R3 + ARDUINO MOTOR SHIELD R3 (GENUINE

ponytale

Here is my post regarding the Arduino rev 3 and motorshield rev 3 this is relativly new and there is little info out there for this shield,

so here is what i have found out so far. it has the ability to drive 2 dc motors independently OR a stepper Motor with 4 or 8 wires from 5v up to 12volts as absolute max 18v. the lateset arduino package 1.01 is required to drive it , this has the necessary drivers and software to modify sketches etc .

http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

I have a Nema 17 stepper with 1.8 degree steps and 6 wires , in my case the colours are standard Nema Colurs : Orange ,Blue , Yellow, Red ,and Black and White , Orange and Blue are one coil with White being Common , and Red and Yellow the other with Black being Common , it seems that Black and White can be ignored under most circumstances, so on the shield the Blue is B+ Orange B- Yellow is A+ Red A- put your power supply into Vin + and ground -neg 12volts or what your stepper requires . after installing the IDE,(Integrated develepment environment)you will be able to download a sketch ( script would be more apt) the sketches that come with this package are not relevent to this shield but can be modded to suit , the easiest way is to copy a sketch for this shield .

I can't upload the sketch ( .ino) file so email me if you need it !

i had a few hassles trying to edit or upload sketches until i found the editor is turned off by default ? go to file prefs in the IDE and untick "Use external editor"

you can then type in changes to your sketch such as speed and revs etc ,be aware it is absolutely a code and even spaces in the wrong place have an effect ,

there are tutorials in the arduino forums to guide you , however i found a sketch ,see next

mod points [attachment=71164:steppersketch r3uno.doc]

#include <Stepper.h>

const int stepsPerRevolution = 200; // change this to fit the number of steps per revolution

// for your motor

// initialize the stepper library on the motor shield

Stepper myStepper(stepsPerRevolution, 12,13);

// give the motor control pins names:

const int pwmA = 3;

const int pwmB = 11;

const int brakeA = 9;

const int brakeB = 8;

const int dirA = 12;

const int dirB = 13;

int x = 0;

void setup () {

Serial.begin(9600);

// set the PWM and brake pins so that the direction pins // can be used to control the motor:

pinMode(pwmA, OUTPUT);

pinMode(pwmB, OUTPUT);

pinMode(brakeA, OUTPUT);

pinMode(brakeB, OUTPUT);

digitalWrite(pwmA, HIGH);

digitalWrite(pwmB, HIGH);

digitalWrite(brakeA, LOW);

digitalWrite(brakeB, LOW);

// initialize the serial port:

Serial.begin(9600);

// set the motor speed (for multiple steps only):

myStepper.setSpeed(200);

} void loop () {

myStepper.step(200);

myStepper.step(-200);

delay(2000);

}

end above. include bracket

other links that are helpful

http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Motor-Shield-Tutorial/

http://gibsonsystems.com/sblog/index.php?/archives/23-Arduino-Motor-Shield-R3.html

I hope this is useful to some one, who like me wants to automate their scope in one way or another , i will update from time to time as my knowledge expands

any help/ comments welcome .

steppersketch r3uno.doc

Archived