SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Dont forget tonights full Moon

dave1978

Tonights full Moon and your wink to Neil Armstron on the day he was put to rest, nice coincidence.

RIP.

"The next time you see the Moon smiling down on you, wink at it and think of Neil".

I'll certainly be doing so.............even if i can only see the Moon through clouds.

I think today is a private family memorial service for Neil. Looks like there's a few memorials going on & being planned but I don't think it's been announced when he is to be laid to rest yet. Obamas ordered flags at half mast for that day apparently.

I think today is a private family memorial service for Neil. Looks like there's a few memorials going on & being planned but I don't think it's been announced when he is to be laid to rest yet. Obamas ordered flags at half mast for that day apparently.

American flags at half mast around the world............Neil deserves nothing less.

I agree.. WE would like to see him honoured with a state funeral and worldwide recognition.

I'm just not sure Neil would have wanted that. He never sought to exploit the fame and glory he could so easily have dined on for eternity. For me that just proves he was the right person to represent mankind in that step. I think we have to be prepared to accept & respect that it may not be the type of send off that he and his family may want though.

I agree.. WE would like to see him honoured with a state funeral and worldwide recognition.

I'm just not sure Neil would have wanted that. He never sought to exploit the fame and glory he could so easily have dined on for eternity. For me that just proves he was the right person to represent mankind in that step. I think we have to be prepared to accept & respect that it may not be the type of send off that he and his family may want though.

I must agree with that. He rarely gave interviews about it.

He realy didnt seek out the limelight,fame and fortune. He never saw what he did as anything more then he was just doing his job.

His last wishes and those of his family have to be respected first and foremost.

Flags all around the world at halfmast is a lovely idea but i cant see it happening. All Ameican flags around the world at halfmast is going to be done.

I think his family were really on the ball/forward thinking when they released to the press: "The next time you see the Moon smiling down on you, wink at it and think of Neil".

This ensures that anybody alive who ever gave a second thought to him and what he did, or anybody remotely inyerested in space will get to pay their respects to him.

And they can have a private family funeral for him................which is most likely what he wanted anyway.

Archived