SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Paracorr and 2" filters?

Mike73

• 5 years later...

Hello, i have the same question regarding the paracorr 2 and 2 inch filter. Its said that its better to use the filter direct on your eyepiece.  So for the users, what is a better option? Just screw the filter on the paracorr 2 or the eyepiece?

Thanks in advance

Marcel

You can screw a filter onto the paracorr while it is in place but this means reaching into the ota in the dark and so carries a bit of risk unless you level the ota so that a dropped filter doesn't hit your primary mirror. You also have to be careful of the secondary.

I don't like focuser draw tubes or paracorrs sticking out into the light path and have my primary set such that my focuser holds the paracorr back out of the light path. Adding a filter on the end would necessitate moving the primary up a bit to move the paracorr out further so the filter didn't stick out.

hmmm, so its working with the uhc filter attached? I also heard that too much optics are used so adding an extra filter is not useful. They say that using a filter directly on the eyepiece is better. So do i have a choice?

Thankxx

Archived