SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ngc 7331 galaxy in pegasus,(i think) and others.

anthony

A bit of a frustrating night last night. Spent my time not really managing to get much.

This was one of my successes.

3 x 10 mins ir blocked SXV H9 Orion ed100.

(keep threatening to sell this scope but it is superb full stop, never mind superb for the money.

At f9 and pointing over a street light about 5 metres away I am very pleased. Added in maxim SD mask, no flats or darks, (must take those one night). Photoshop to bring out the faint stuff, smooth over the noise and pixinsight to take away the gradient.

I was very interested so see so many faint little galaxies. This image has been compressed and shrunk to get under 100kb but I think they are still on show. I think a return to this area from a dark site is in order.

Anthony

Stunning! :wink:

It looks for all the world like an eye piece view through a large professional telescope. (obviously without the blue pointers ;))

Mind you I've never had the chance to look through such a scope but It's how I imagine it would look if you see what I mean.

I'm rambling,aren't I?

Anyway enjoyed that immensely. Thanks.

CW

Whenever I see an image like this, the opening words of Star Trek come to mind, and I hear them out loud.

"Space, The Final Frontier"

We could well be looking back at our own galaxy from a distant planets observatory.

I am not sure if all the other little fuzzies would be seen though.

Great picture Anthony.

Ron. ;)

Archived