Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Image reduction.

Hi & thanks Mike, tried that but it just crops the image. maybe i'm doing it wrong?

If you download the Microsoft power tools for XP

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

There is an image resizer in it, you right click and image and choose resize. Simple as that!

Cheers will try downloading that in a mo.

Thanks Craig.

What do you use??

Hi Jamie, New camera so not tried it yet, but use Autostar Envisage for ccd,Thanks

Ah OK Vista!

Well.... go to www.polybytes.com and download polyview It works in Vista and to resize an image you go to the operations menu and select change image size. Polyview is shareware but does not expire, you get a notice asking you to register but you can keep clicking later ;)

Great application BTW has some basic image editing and slideshow capabilities as well

Once you`ve opened the image in paint click on image at top of screen and in the drop down menu click on Resize/Skew,

a window will open and in the resize bit it will have H 100%, V 100% in small boxes, just change the 100 to a smaller no in both boxes (best to use same no in both) and click OK, This should resize the entire image, then in same image drop down menu click attributes and it`ll tell you the new resolution, if you get it wrong you can click undo in the edit drop down menu and try again.

Mike

OK had a quick download & got the poly!!

Er still trying with that one, but you have to remember that my only experience with PC's prior to the laptop i bought for astronomy was with the children's Sinclare Spectrum when they first come about in the year dot.

They wouldn't let me get a look in when they upgraded ;) I'll try again later.

Cheers Craig.

Jeff.

OK Mike had a bash at that!! and even i managed to succeed with that one.

Now all i have to do is work out how to move it to where i want.

Cheers Mike.

Jeff.

A great program to use for image reduction is 'IrfanView', it's freeware too and easily 'googled'.

I have Version 3.99 and there is probably an update to that by now, it works really quick and not only does it reduce the image size (to a variety of sizes) it also reduces the file size so managing image files is somewhat quicker when processing.

Cheers Ron very nice of you, I'll be over to UK mid October staying with relatives for a while, i will PM you then as I'm in Spain at mo mate.

Bringing laptop & small scope He He.

Thanks.

Jeff.

Your welcome Jeff, I'll just wait to hear from you.

;)

On Vista, if you right-click the image and select "Edit", it'll open in Windows Photo Gallery. On the top toolbar is an "Email" option. Clicking that allows you to shrink the file to a number of predefined sizes (of which 800x600 is one). It'll then attach it to an email, but you can save the attachment to disk and do it that way. Bit of a long way round, but it works!

HTH

Trev

Archived