Travel box for 8SE?

I've been keeping and eye out for a while now. The official £300 offering is just not an option, I've looked at various tin boxes but they were expensive and flimsy looking, and probably as heavy as the OTA.

At the moment I am thinking that the Really Useful Box (145 litre) would fit the bill, I could use the original bottom from the 8SE packaging, with a little modification for my steeltrack focuser, and add more padding and foam around the sides to keep things well protected.

The 145 litre box is about the minimum I would be comfortable using, the 84 litre box would probably only just fit the 8SE with my steeltrack and two finders attached, with hardly any room for padding.

Here it is: http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/html/onlineshop/rub/b145_0litre.php

I see large plastic boxes much cheaper than this but they don't look strong enough, not worth the saving if it breaks.

My C8 gets stored in a stanley wheeled toolbox - they're often on offer in B&Q for about £30. The wheels and the carrying handle are great for transporting it, and its got room for eyepieces etc too :smiley:

Helen

My C8 gets stored in a stanley wheeled toolbox - they're often on offer in B&Q for about £30. The wheels and the carrying handle are great for transporting it, and its got room for eyepieces etc too :smiley:

Helen

Thank you, I will have to look into that. The dimensions seem like they will be tight though, do you use any padding in yours?

Archived