Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

jamespels

Peak Star Party 2013

no doubt if they get troublesome you'll be talking loudly about the big dob in the Saturn field...... :grin:

• Like 1

The school 'kids' that attended this year were more like 'young adults'. Better behaved than yer average teenagers, that's for sure. I was probably far worse than they...

Good point, Yeti. I shouldn't mistake youthful enthusiasm for something else...and as you say I was probably worse at that sort of age too :grin:

• Like 1

I meant that I was worse behaved at PSP 2012 :) .... and I'm nearly 50! ... but then again. I never did grow up....

Edited by yeti monster
  • Like 1

Does anybody know if the booking for 2013 is now open to everyone? have been trying to create an account but nothing seems to be happening.

Hi all,

apologies for the delay in responding to PMs and e-mails.

I am snowed under with work at the moment and will deal with all the questions sent but it may not be until next weekend.

One of the other organisers should be back available again so I'll be able to spread this load a bit in the New Year and answer questions a bit more quickly.

Thanks,

James.

Hi all,

apologies for the delay in responding to PMs and e-mails.

I am snowed under with work at the moment and will deal with all the questions sent but it may not be until next weekend.

One of the other organisers should be back available again so I'll be able to spread this load a bit in the New Year and answer questions a bit more quickly.

Thanks,

James.

Make hay whilst the sun shines - ******... raining again tonight :-(

Edited by haitch

OK, I was a weekend out :)

Most requests successfully fulfilled but I have had to make a few compromises to accommodate. Will e-mail the ones I have not been able to shortly.

Thanks,

James.

• Like 1

Neptune 27 - a bit concerned about being next to a school pitch, though.

Mark, this is he same school group that visited PSP2012. The most rowdy they go was at 5am on Sat morning banging on their teacher's camper van to wake him up because it was clear :)

Like Shane and Yeti have said, they are a really nice group and certainly not the loudest group there :)

• Like 1

Hehe - no worries James! I'm sure it'll be fine...it'll be nice to be surrounded by enthusiastic folk in anycase (especially if they can act as a clear sky alarm system too :grin:).

Edited by Marki

I had a couple of the school group talking to us and they were enthusiastic, polite and full of questions.

Nice to know Rustmonkey. And if anyone from the School is reading, I look forward to meeting you all at PSP2013 :)

Foolishly, just signed up for the Loch Ness marathon, two weeks before PSP 2013. If it goes badly I'll be looking for someone to help carry my scope (and maybe me) from the car :eek:

A quick question for EHU, i take it i need a lead with a blue outdoor plug for the meter, with normal home type socket on the tent side?

Yes. Make sure and get one that has an RCD built in, some also come with thermal cut out. Get the longest you reasonably can - certainly15 - 20 meters. there are deals around on them. I got one from Maplins, will post link when i find it. It was reduced, £20 - £25 i think I paid.

Ian

Marki

I was next to the school at PSP 12, they were no problem, in fact I hardly knew they were there.

Foolishly, just signed up for the Loch Ness marathon, two weeks before PSP 2013. If it goes badly I'll be looking for someone to help carry my scope (and maybe me) from the car :eek:

..nobody offerd elp me carry mine just sat there gigglin' :smiley:

But we're looking forward to the dob trolly uphill pull - its a great spectator sport ;)

• Like 1

right thats it i'm camping,go outdoors have got some great tents on offer..

I'm going to buy a bigger tent this year. My tiny tent kept me warm but I want to be able to sit up indoors if the weather is iffy! I'm on the Saturn Field in pitch 27. Can we have a ban on buying new kit from September onwards to help keep the skies clear?