stargazine_ep43_banner.thumb.jpg.ea2a27954a074b4478d83359648ce4e2.jpg

I think you may be better attempting the flocking on the Sat daytime so that you don't rush it. It may well take you a bit longer than 40 mins. Then at least you will have a working scope on the Fri night. You would also be able to take advantage of the collimating workshop on the Sat after you had done it, on say the Sat morning. Just a thought ;-)

Ian

Sent from ma fone using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just in case anyone wants to swot up for the talks I am doing, here's copies of the notes that I will be giving out. I'll have a few copies but if you can print off your copy and bring with you that w

Hi all, PSP2013 dates now confirmed for 11 - 14 October. We have moved it back a week as the weekend of 18-21 has a full moon that is up all night. It is first quarter, setting around midnight over th

Guys and Gals, I am making notes on the great suggestions on here for how to improve PSP 2014. On a personal note i would like to say a massive thanks to the SGL team and all their members who attende

Posted Images

I think you may be better attempting the flocking on the Sat daytime so that you don't rush it. It may well take you a bit longer than 40 mins. Then at least you will have a working scope on the Fri night. You would also be able to take advantage of the collimating workshop on the Sat after you had done it, on say the Sat morning. Just a thought ;-)

Ian

Sent from ma fone using Tapatalk 2

Im very lucky that Shane is helping me so all being well 40mins should be time enough well at the most an hour.

Collimating workshop you say! I definitely need to attend that. I have recently purchased a 300p flextube dob and haven't got a clue with collimation. I have only had the one chance to try it out so far. I used a Cheshire to collimate the primary but I think I need to do the secondary and align the focuser as everything was far from sharp. I will prob have a go at it on the Friday daytime while it Is light. I am in the Saturn field and will no doubt be asking someone for help.

• Like 1

Collimating workshop you say! I definitely need to attend that. I have recently purchased a 300p flextube dob and haven't got a clue with collimation. I have only had the one chance to try it out so far. I used a Cheshire to collimate the primary but I think I need to do the secondary and align the focuser as everything was far from sharp. I will prob have a go at it on the Friday daytime while it Is light. I am in the Saturn field and will no doubt be asking someone for help.

Iv just got the 200p and I think mine needs doing too, I will defo go to the lesson but would love if someone was about Friday to check mine just incase we do get a good night for observing ;-)

Iv just got the 200p and I think mine needs doing too, I will defo go to the lesson but would love if someone was about Friday to check mine just incase we do get a good night for observing ;-)

Have you seen who is doing the workshop only your next door tent mate.

My mates just been and we should be there for 3.30 ish should be set up for 4 at latest so if the flocking takes 40 mins we will be ready for the nights viewing yesssss.

I think people may want / would like time to arrive, unpack, relax, chat to people, put up tent and generally get sorted on the Friday.

Saturday would be more convivial for all concerned :smiley:

Ian

• Like 1

Yes thinking about it Saturday will be better i have to blow my bed up and my chairs only got hand pump then see about food will be a rush and you want to do it in daylight not when it is going dark, better Saturday afternoon when everything is set up and everyone is settled in.

I don't really do lasers but the answer to your question is, it depends on the model and method of alignment. usually it's three grub screws which you need to adjust. I much prefer Cheshires.

Yes thinking about it Saturday will be better i have to blow my bed up and my chairs only got hand pump then see about food will be a rush and you want to do it in daylight not when it is going dark, better Saturday afternoon when everything is set up and everyone is settled in.

wookie, which field are you in, i might let you use my 12v pump for air bed

wookie, which field are you in, i might let you use my 12v pump for air bed

Neptune 39 but that's very kind of you their is two of us we can take it in turns we should have the chairs and bed up in 15 minutes.

As some know, James has asked me to put together a couple of talks and one of which is based around Newtonian collimation. I hope to have a general discussion about collimation but then split off into smaller groups with a 'leader' in each to go through some of the points of collimation and answer some specific questions about their technique. I believe this more hands on approach will help more people directly to understand the mechanisms involved.

If you are attending PSP, consider yourself au fait with collimation (laser or cheshire) of newts and willing to take a small group then please send me a pm to register interest. Ideally it would be great to have some that use lasers and some that use cheshires (mainly as I don't use the former!). I anticipate thata few attendees will be happy to bring along a scope too but if you can bring yours then even better.

Thanks

Sahne

• Like 1

Just noticed that they've updated all the pitches... I'm now in Mars 14... They have also updated so it shows my name... wookie have you checked it recently?

Yes it has my name correctly thank you moved my pitch i am now in Neptune pitch 39

I have never been to PSP before, can I leave my car next to my pitch? I am in the Saturn field.  Also how far is the nearest pub as I am not planning on bringing much in the way of cooking equipment.

I have never been to PSP before, can I leave my car next to my pitch? I am in the Saturn field.  Also how far is the nearest pub as I am not planning on bringing much in the way of cooking equipment.

Don't worry there are a couple of pubs within a 5min drive and there will be a catering van on site all weekend.

Ian

Edited by Uplooker