Narrowband

Peak Star Party 2013

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume you are using a coma corrector? I doubt I'll have time to be a traveling collimation man but if I can I will. :smiley: I must admit I am solely a visual astronomer and therefore imaging issues are possibly beyond me.

"

Sorry should have said. Yes I'm using a Baader MPCC and I have an adjustable spacer fitted to achieve 55mm gap. No problem if you can't make a special visit ;) I'm sure I'll get some advice around the crowd

Coming down with a cold and not so enthused by the weather forecast. Will make my final decision tomorrow am. Bought lots of lemsips another Karri-mat for the bottom of the tent to keep the ground chill out, if I do decide to go. Otherwise, not remotely packed, still don't know which scopes to take, and would need to get some warming medicinal drinks (I think a nice merlot or three...). 

Coming down with a cold and not so enthused by the weather forecast. Will make my final decision tomorrow am. Bought lots of lemsips another Karri-mat for the bottom of the tent to keep the ground chill out, if I do decide to go. Otherwise, not remotely packed, still don't know which scopes to take, and would need to get some warming medicinal drinks (I think a nice merlot or three...). 

I recommend a good shot of port and brandy (1/3rd brandy the rest port). Sip gently at first cos it'll blow your head off and everything bad in it, if unaccustomed. It'll also warm your chest up to the temperature of the sun - so stand away from heat sources when taken or you'll evapourate lol. :)

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod..... I've forgotten Jaffa cakes!!!!!!!!! 

I will, of course, rectify this situation on my way there tomorrow... need to stop off to get cash somewhere, so will make sure its at a shop that sells them!! 

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod..... I've forgotten Jaffa cakes!!!!!!!!! 

I will, of course, rectify this situation on my way there tomorrow... need to stop off to get cash somewhere, so will make sure its at a shop that sells them!!

Bought mine today so got that bit sorted at least!

I'm taking all my stuff, just in case.

Won't be the first time it's never been out of the car or set up at a star party :)

We can hope :)

i have small car and lots of gear, would make sense to leave mak and heq at home if not using it

Archived