Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Peak Star Party 2013

Yup got mine too! Hope to spend my birthday money so can't wait to see what's up for sale from people/stands.... Iv not been feeling fantastic today either so hoping for a little sleep and a lay in if the pups let me, then more sorting out and double checking :-)

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not got my welcome pack... have emailed James to investigate! 

Went to bed early - just in case I'm coming down with something, and typical - I woke up at 1:30am... now wide awake! Boo! 

On the plus side, not feeling half as bad as what I was... 

As soon as the shops open, I'm off to get some Beecham+ tablets and other stuff to try and hold this cold at bay.... 

Aww hope u do feel better then, I was woke up just before 3am.... 1 puppie had escaped the pen so was winding up the one that couldn't get out, barking and blumming growling.... Just come back to bed so fingers crossed they are gonna fall asleep now lol, otherwise il look like a zombie at PSP lol

Ah, I remember nights like this well! When we got our dog, we had only just moved house so no internal doors... our cats spent their nights winding him up because he couldn't get out of his pen! Was bliss the first night we had doors! Good luck with your puppies! I expect to see pics of them at the weekend! 

Oh yes got a good few pics, Alls quite so I better try get some more sleep lol.... They are only 12week today and my girl is escaping.. Not good sign lol but oh well never had any of these problems when I got my first dog so it's certainly been a wake up call (literally) :-)

Hi all, sorry about the last minute pitch changes for anybody who was in Neptune... we realised we could not use four of the EHU supplies and I needed to set up some pitches with access to hard standing - wet grass is not great for walking sticks! Also, we had a couple of late cancellations so newcomers got put into the vacated pitches to avoid creating a new row on Neptune.

No more moves - I promise (can't: I've printed out all the stuff for the reception tent now!)

See you all over the weekend,

James.

Hi James

I noticed 2 pitches opened up on Saturn so I decided to camp as apposed to doing a day ticket but at checkout your not given the option of choosing your pitch so could you please confirm if I was successful in getting on Saturn ???

Thanks

Nick

Hi James

I noticed 2 pitches opened up on Saturn so I decided to camp as apposed to doing a day ticket but at checkout your not given the option of choosing your pitch so could you please confirm if I was successful in getting on Saturn ???

Thanks

Nick

You might be better off checking on here http://www.peakstarparty.co.uk/index.php/pitch-plan or using the Peak star party email address on the site.

I'm liking forward to it all together as I will be stuck if I bed to do it lol... In the case of the new scope I do think it needs some adjustments.... I can read the PDF on my phone anyway so it's all good, read and was like ok yeah if demonstrated I think I can do this!!! (Yipeeee) lol

Shane my new TS 10" newt is giving me a problem. I'm getting crescent shaped stars on the outer third of my images. Could be collimation, mirror pinch or some screw up in my imaging train so if you have any advice pop by Mars 2 please :)

Shane my new TS 10" newt is giving me a problem. I'm getting crescent shaped stars on the outer third of my images. Could be collimation, mirror pinch or some screw up in my imaging train so if you have any advice pop by Mars 2 please :)

I assume you are using a coma corrector? I doubt I'll have time to be a traveling collimation man but if I can I will. :smiley:  I must admit I am solely a visual astronomer and therefore imaging issues are possibly beyond me.

Archived