Music from Mars

MAN or ASTROMAN

I've just seen a snippet on BBC Breakfast,about a song by WILL.I.AM. being broadcast from the red planet.I think that he should have been singing it live! PS:- I had an idea to record an album where I sang two lines using autotune (you haven't heard my voice!),then get 'guests' to sing the rest. Unfortunatly,WILL.I.AM. beat me to it!

Why didn't they play any of the following instead?

"Life on Mars" by Mr Bowie

"I robot" The Alan Parson Project

"Running Up That Hill" Kate Bush

"Silver Machine" Hawkwind

Theme From "Lost In Space" Apollo 440 version (tribute to previous lost martian bound craft)

Why didn't they play any of the following instead?

"Life on Mars" by Mr Bowie

"I robot" The Alan Parson Project

"Running Up That Hill" Kate Bush

"Silver Machine" Hawkwind

Theme From "Lost In Space" Apollo 440 version (tribute to previous lost martian bound craft)

Cos they are all too old and won't appeal to the youth of today!

Obviously it is important to get youngsters involved in astronomy, science etc and what better way to do it?

You're in danger of becoming Victor Meldrews! :lol:

TheThing

... Obviously it is important to get youngsters involved in astronomy, science etc and what better way to do it?

+1

To give WILL credit he is connected with the development of science for young people. Whatever you may think of his music credentials he is for sure a positive influence. Making science "cool" rather than "geeky" has got to be a good thing.

+1

Besides, it was probably as much a test of the capability to relay/receive signal frequencies in the human voice range (for later missions?), so does it really matter? It's just another small step..... :smiley:

If you read an earlier post a few weeks ago there was a purpose to will i am doing the song one to inspire the younger generation and two will has put his money where his mouth is and put huge amounts and were talking millions of dollars into science projects in america and london in deprived areas so hats off to will theres more to this man than some give credit, just saying .

If you read an earlier post a few weeks ago there was a purpose to will i am doing the song one to inspire the younger generation and two will has put his money where his mouth is and put huge amounts and were talking millions of dollars into science projects in america and london in deprived areas so hats off to will theres more to this man than some give credit, just saying .

Good point, well made. I'd forgotten the good work he does.

Typed by me, using fumms...

NASA had him on one of their broadcasts this week and he is very passionate about science. He has funded some STEM stuff in the US as well so he's not all bad :D

He can shove his music where it's dark but if he gets kids interested it has to be a good thing.

I'm just pleased that Will.I.Am was just driving a $100,000 Cadillac the other night,when he managed to crash into a parked car at 3.30am,and not the Curiosity Rover! He escaped with a bloodiied nose,though his passenger Cheryl Cole was rather distraught after dropping her Gregg's pasty (o.k-bad taste joke!). To be serious,If he is plowing money into education and science,then all power to the guy!

Archived