Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quick and Dirty M101

peonic

So last night pretty much everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I wont bore you with all the details - but it involved my cat, my big feet and a USB cable, my laptop battery falling out, a police helicopter, satellites in subs, PHD crashing on me randomly.....

You get the picture!

Anyway, my girlfriend decided that she wanted me to image a spiral - despite me telling her that M51 and M101 were poorly placed, she was insistant, so I snagged what M101 data I could before it dissappeared behind my garage. This probably needed at least 2 hours of data, and I was only able to get about 45 minutes (at least an hour and 30 mins lost to various issues - which I think could have made this a really nice image if converted to extra exposure).

SW 250PX

Atik 16HR

Astronomik CLS Filter (it was murky imaging down this low!)

Guided with PHD

9x300s

1278_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Processed in Maxim DL and Photoshop. Going to leave this one now until next year when it's nice and high in the sky - and return to more sensible targets ;)

Comments / Criticism / Pointers appreciated!

Chris

Archived