Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Free Astronomy Course

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the maths should be that hard. I don't think it should put you off. It's been over 20 years since I did any hard maths and whilst that looks tricky at first glance it is just the high school algebra that I'm sure most of us were taught.

Probably only needs a bit of swotting up. Quite often once maths like that is explained it makes sense.

I am 43 so its been mega while since I did some maths, the last time was when I did a few adding a couple of days ago and that was using a calculator :laugh: , however I still signed up, the maths is only part of the course so I am sure its not going to be that to complex, besides if I get a little stuck on the maths I am sure someone on here will give me a helping hand :grin:

I am 43 so its been mega while since I did some maths, the last time was when I did a few adding a couple of days ago and that was using a calculator :laugh: , however I still signed up, the maths is only part of the course so I am sure its not going to be that to complex, besides if I get a little stuck on the maths I am sure someone on here will give me a helping hand :grin:

I am the same as you . Jump in as see what we can do can't be that hard

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

I really wish I cared about Science and Math more at school, would love to do the course but the 'Recommended Background' means this is a no goer for me. Parents do know best "you'll regret it later in life". I will teach myself Astro Physics though, even if I have to start from Primary School level again it will be done.

i couldn't agree more i wasn't stupid just didn't think i would need any of it (because i know best as a teenager),boy was i wrong and paying for it nw.

have been looking at gcse courses but not much luck need a beter look when i have more time.

Hey sam you want to give it a go, its free and you get a certificate at the end, besides I am sure people will help, I guess there are a few like me and you on here with 0 knowledge of the degree of maths involved, but hey, you might find it not as hard as you think once you get into it, go on give it a go, it is freeeeeeeeeeee, so no worries about losing your money, if it was a paying course I would not give it a go

I have checked it also and could not find anything much, but its good to have free courses , as each time you do one, you gain that much more knowledge, and like you say, at the end we gat a certificate and who knows we migt get a further course which links to this, and free

+

--------- -

screw it ill give it a go, when i was at school once things were explained a certain way it was great but my way of understanding was usally different to others but with the internet like it is that should help a lot.

thanks for the encouragement .. rol lon start date

Archived